Playing BF2 on 1680x1050?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
What do I have to do to be able to play BF2 on a 1680x1050 resolution?
According to the widescreengamingforum you have to adjust the shortcut for the game like this (the bold part)

"G:\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050"

But unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. Is there anyone here who has got this to work?

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Are you sure? That's what I thought at first but if you check the pics in the link I posted you'll see that you're losing vertical screen space instead of gaining on the horizontal by using Dice's "fix".

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Well when I take a screenshot with fraps it's 1680x1050, not sure about how much it cuts of the image (and it didn't really bother me while playing.) I'll check that tonight.
The link you gave is an external app which has the risk of being caught by PB as a cheat or whatever. Even though the site says it's ok for now I don't want to risk a ban.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
That's fair enough. I can confirm no issues what so ever with PB (well apart from PB's own issues), I've been using it for almost a year now with BF2 (AIX) and with 2142 and have recommended it to a few friends too, and as I say, no PB problems at all.