Pics of my car...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
What do you mean "like a manual would"? And my car's a stick, it doesn't "idle" in gear persay, but when you first start up the car it holds the RPM's high until you let the clutch out and the car starts moving, then the RPM's at idle drop lower.

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
O5434CustomImage0826132.jpg

O5434CustomImage0834810.jpg

I have a classic Trans Am Firebird...(muddy because we live on a dirt road..its really mint condition)

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Witty said:
While this is true ^^^^^ It both looks better and sounds better than your standard Folger's coffee can exhaust. It's a big beefy sound, almost like a V8 (it's plenty more like a V8 than most Mustang GT's at my school sound)

No way that thing sounds like a mustang.

Attachments

• 023_20resize.jpg
    023_20resize.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
I didn't say it sounded like a mustang... I said it sounded more like a V8 than mustang GT's do (they have a really weak sound for V8's). Also, it's faster than all the GT's that I've raced so far :p :) Not bad at all for 3000 dollars investment.

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Witty said:
I didn't say it sounded like a mustang... I said it sounded more like a V8 than mustang GT's do (they have a really weak sound for V8's). Also, it's faster than all the GT's that I've raced so far :p :) Not bad at all for 3000 dollars investment.

Than your racing people who dont know how to drive, or your racing V6 mustangs. As for the mustang having a really weak sound for V8's your wrong on that as well. They have, one of the strongest notes a v8 can make. The people at your school must have stock exhaust, my magnapacks and Bassani O/R X-Pipe are insane.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Lenix said:
And you know, I discovered something today, if you disable O/d, your automatic shifts like a manual would.

Uhhh... no... Overdrive is just an extra gear for automatic transmissions. With O/d off you are running on 3 gears, and with it on you have a 4th. Great for highway driving as it keeps the RPMs low and saves you gas mileage. Only reason to turn it off really is if you live in a place like NYC in which it is all stop and go and you will never need a 4th gear.

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Twisted Metal said:
Only reason to turn it off really is if you live in a place like NYC in which it is all stop and go and you will never need a 4th gear.

As well as keeping the tranny from going into and out of OD. Thats bad for the tranny.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
this might be a little late but, BP, there are a few things you can check to smooth out your idle, O2 sensor like everyone said, but that is usually only a tiny part of the problem the big picture lies in your electronics, to test things out, if you have electric windows, when the car starts a rattlin and idling hard, lift up on your electric windows, it will smooth out your idle and settle the rattling a little bit.

if that's the case, get a new electric starter, you won't believe what it will do, you'll get better gas mileage, a tiny bit more horses, a little more torque, no more heavy idle, the list goes on, it can be a tad pricey, but believe me, it's simple to install and it will make a difference like you can't believe

Snipeo

Happy lil Camper
Jan 10, 2001
#beyondunreal Sanity: [|||------] 23
In the rear photo of Witty's car... there are two blanky-out's. The one on the rear plate which is fair play, but there's another one covering something in the interior through the rear windscreen. What is it? :)