Peace in our time!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Has anyone ever stopped to consider that the main reason there's such conflict between humans & Skaarj is that we call them monsters? I mean, they're really just aliens. Non-human beings from other planets.

Nobody calls Superman a monster... well, nobody that isn't Lex Luthor.

Sure, there's been a lot of conflict with the Skaarj and sure... they kinda like eating humans, but can't we just get past that?

Can't we all just get along??

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I'd just go with whatever faction's reasonable. There have been friendly skaarj/rebels and mercenaries are interesting bunch that might not be even composed of all the same race. They had tons of ships/levels that were cut from the game. Two by Myscha the Sled Dog. Deck16 might have even been meant as part of one of these cut levels.
Not entirely confirmed though. That was one of the things I didn't get to ask Myscha before I lost contact with him.

One of these levels had you being locked up by mercenaries with a SkaarjWarrior and you then had to escape. (not sure if the skaarj was friednly to you though, so it probbaly wasn't like ONP's prisoned again with the rebel skaarj)

EdwardGoldman

Representative
Nov 6, 2016
EvilGrins,

To respond to your concerns, the skaarj are a malevolent alien civilisation. We must not forget that convicted terrorist 'Prisoner #849' teamed up with these creatures to bring down the UMS Bodega Bay, which was a military medical ship en route to a humanitarian disaster in a nearby sector, thousands of servicemen lost their lives in its' destruction and 'Prisoner #849', a convicted terrorist, remains free to this day.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I think we should just team up with the Skaarj and declare war on the entire universe. And if they try and betray us, we just kill them all. With our big spaceguns.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Why would they even want to do that? Skaarj follow a strict Scare-diet (approved by the Snhc - skaarj national health commitee) of fat, flatulent nalicow and spicy juicy nalirabbits. And the occasional dramaqueen nali, naturally. Oh it gets so annoying for them. The second they appear on the scene, a skaajrwarrior.. sniper.. officer.. whatnot.. those nali tremble in fear. And start falling to the ground begging for mercy.
Well, the shaking can be exploited as an advantage, mind you. Be honest, which skaarj wouldn't mind a taste of that yummy nali milkshake?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
You wouldn't once you've tasted the amazing calories rich succulent fatty bomb called the nalicow flesh piñata surprise.
I'm still quite disgrunlted that Epic had the temerity of not including these maps on the mothership campaign. Some quarters of the
mothership are dedicated to a vast array of skaarj r&r. But our hero chose to venture into the more dangerous regions of the ship.
Whilst he could have just simply taken that door on the left, the one behind the garbage bin and decommisioned laptop. Had he done so, he might have stumbled upon a gathering of cheerfull Skaarj ready to blast some fatty acids out of the plump asses of those squealing nalicow.

Quite frankly, they might have even let the guy join in. The more willing to beat the goodies out of nali, the better right?
Those four armed religious perverted nuts keeping all those tarydium riches for themselves? How is that for sharing with your next door neighbour in space? Failed the exam with a capital F I'd say.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
1954038_original.jpg

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
No he doesn't, he's shielding his eyes from the nali reacharound horror. It's a daily event reaching its peak held at a certain nebulous location...