PC gamepad recommendations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
I got Madden 2004 for the PC recently, but it sucks using the keyboard as I'm used to playing on a friend's PS2. Any recommendationd for a PC gamepad ~$20 US? Logitech/Gravis/???

Thanks - el G

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
The Gravis Gamepad Pro (USB, but used to be Gameport) is a spitting image of the PS controller, less the analog sticks. The controls will be more familiar. $15.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
You can get a ps1 to usb converter at radioshack and then use the good old dualshock 1 (not the playstation 2 version) on your PC. $10

Last edited:

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
yeah what phil said, except I used a "Twin PlayStation to printer port converter" (two sticks to one port) so i can use two PS sticks at once (well I dont use my printer that much anyway)

IMHO its way better than any gamepads out there that are more expensive

of course if you wanted analogue greatness you can buy PS2 sticks but thats expensive

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
All those gampads posted are weak compared to this l33t gamepad.

saitekusa_1771_372974

saitekusa_1771_1005578

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Last edited:

MetalMickey

Banned
Jul 30, 2000
Dublin
Am i the only one who thinks the PS2 pad is sub-par? I mean, its ok for football or whatever, but try and play SOCOM with it and you'll know what I mean.

Push the analogue stick just a bit to adjust your sights - no response. Push a little further, still no response. A little further - WHAM! the sights whizz off to the right or left. Its infuriatingly difficult to get precise control with those damn analogue sticks.

Remember goldeneye on the N64 with that controller? You could pick out a limb shot on an enemy 50 yards away it was so accurate and easy to control. There was a great sense of satisfaction playing with it. On the PS2, FPS games that dont have drastic "snap-to" targetting are all but unplayable.

Dr. Nick

Oct 5, 2002
GA
Visit site
That's why you don't play FPS with controllers ^_^. Anyway I use a PS2->PC adapter for my PS2 controller and my DDR dancemat (yeY!) and both work perfectly. PS controllers are teh best. Nintendo had controller design down pretty good on the SNES but then they mucked it up for the lamecube.

[CD]Icedude

Hurf da Durf
Dec 13, 2001
#batcountry
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
ok, not in school library any more so i can get it out of my bag. it was an XFX Executioner. Heres a pic of one courtesy of el goog:

246008.JPG

EDIT: Can someone link me to a good proxy or something? The school comps are now blocking out some websites :mad:

EDIT2: :mad: they seem to have a stupid word block, so if a page has the word 'sex' on it, it blocks the page :( and 5 blocked pages and "NO INTERNET FOR YOU!"

Last edited: