Passive Three-Dimensional Gaming

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jun 28, 2005
Jamaica, mon! Hahaha!
Why hasn't anyone made simple 3D rendering for these games? Can this be done by making a mod which enables multiple game cameras to render tinted transparent views of some kind? It doesn't need a special monitor! :rolleyes2: All the player needs is some red-blue goggles. I'm talking about making this for UT99, but making it for all the games would be awesome. I have just started learning Unreal script, so I don't know jack about this. :hmm::oo :notworthy:
This would make playing UT even cooler! :cool::2thumb: :y5::owns: :eek2::eek3::crysmile:
...The goofy emoticons are a necessity.:umno::lol: SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS!!

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Dude, please stop with the emoticons. Look around the board and see that it's not MySpace. It's childish and annoying and people will just learn to ignore you right off.

This was a project for years and years: http://publicvr.org/html/pro_caveut.html It might interest you.

Reactions: Al

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Some rambling on this topic....

I tried something similar to what you are talking about (toggling the camera location between two slightly different positions every other 'tick') in UT2k4, but it obviously did not work since I did not alternately "cover" one eye or the other to match, so the camera just appeared "jittery". Maybe you could use on of the UDP code protocols to communicate with some goggles (would the 3D TV screen goggles accept UDP type data inputs via some custom driver?) to achieve the effect.... or maybe alternately cover one half or the other of the screen with a black texture.... sounds kind of terrible though....

As for the red/blue.... hmm UT99 did not (as far as I know) support the same type of shaders that UT2k4 did, but in UT2k4 you might be able to manipulate a render-to-texture effect (though it would murder frame rates) to act as one of the colors via a screen overlay(?) I made a nice flash-bang grenade effect using a render-to-scripted texture effect which basically took a screenshot when the grenade went off, placed that over the screen, then slowly faded back out.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Didn't NVidia release some sort of interface for what you are talking about? I never heard much more about it so it must not have been very good. You'd think though that many people are working on this because of the impending immersive tech on the horizon.