OMG! What happened to Kazza?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
Yeah, but finding a rare file can still be quite hard.

Also popular Fserves can have queues of several days.. if you get disconnected.. you lose your place in the queue.

Also you get all sorts of spam from those types of channels, incredibly annoying.

jasdave

Mar 16, 2002
Visit site
Sam_The_Man said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but surely a) there's no resuming/queuing on IRC, and b) given the multitude of servers and channels, plus the fact that someone needs to be watching the channel in order to answer your request for a file, there's much less chance of actually getting anything?
i was sending the new metallica song (st anger) to some one, and it was very long. I had to leave it and shut off my PC since my sis was gunna get on and needed the full conection.
The next day i decided to send it, since i had enough time. The file, how ever, started from where it left off yesterday- even though i had thought it was just restart.
I used trillian and it does that for my msn file transfers too.

[edit] oops... the mighty insta post!

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
Well sometimes you connect to a bad hub and that is what happens....see kazaa is a true p2p network. Just disconnect and reconnect.

pReTTy_vAcaNt

formerly lafnboy
Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
namu said:
I am using mldonkey, and so far it's been the best P2P software I've ever used. It has all the features I demand a P2P app to have.

hm, I've never heard of that. I'll give it a try, do you have a link to it? and is there a Macintosh version?