old uc players deserve respect from pc players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Yeah, and considering I spent an average of 3 years on each unreal title I've purchased, a console company would be making squat off of me. I seriously buy like a game a year best, and hardly play but one of them.

Jo0k

Apr 12, 2006
I dont know crisis, and I know it hasnt been confirmed for 360.

mostly all i see in the following posts on this page are people in love with their pc's. the people telling me that all pc players simply dont care, you need to look at the prize money lined up for console tournaments this year. its hard not to notice console gaming at a pro level. i dont expect your opinions to change right now, or ever from my word. after a while you might. or youll just choose never to open up.

How many UC players can do a boost-jump-flying-combo-in-midair-for-double-kill in UC?

seeming how uc has the option of aa on, its not to the point of impossible seeming everything lines up in the right situation. the difficult part in uc is being able to pull off a walljump-flying-combo-lg-headshot-multikill-rap3fest faster, and then being able to trans away, not getting hit.:lol:

Here's a crazy idea, listen to the developer of the game when they say it isn't planned for Xbox 360, which they've said many times.

nope. they havnt said it isnt. heres what they have said. first, they said its confirmed for nextgen consoles. then, they came back and said its confirmed for nextgen consoles who can handle the unreal 3 engine. they said that, probabaly, to back themselves up since the revolution from nintendo wont be able to run the unreal 3 engine. 360 has MANY unreal 3 games coming out. right now, there going to realease gears of war. after i expect them to release ut2k7. and many feel the same way i do on this subject. like i said its just a question of when.

What a ****ing idiot the op is.

ok, nice life.

Last edited:

I CRiSiS I

Apr 13, 2006
lol

stop wasting ur time on theswe nubs, jook........... they dont no what mlg really means....there is way more competiton on xbl then pc... sooo much price money being given away just a couple of months ago LGD won 250,000,00$ on bf2 and they ll keep giving away money to god playerss...........ut07 for the 360 is commin out, just cus u nerds love yo pcs dont mean ****,... its common sense if they dont make it for the pc they would be stupid and microsft would loose alot of money......

f.sardis

Apr 10, 2006
I CRiSiS I said:
stop wasting ur time on theswe nubs, jook........... they dont no what mlg really means....there is way more competiton on xbl then pc... sooo much price money being given away just a couple of months ago LGD won 250,000,00$ on bf2 and they ll keep giving away money to god playerss...........ut07 for the 360 is commin out, just cus u nerds love yo pcs dont mean ****,... its common sense if they dont make it for the pc they would be stupid and microsft would loose alot of money......

first of all go learn english, second of all the fat lady will sing for you the say you can play online together with pc gamers. then come tell us who is best in ut. personally i have already seen the difference with ps2 controllers and fps games on ps2. one thing is for sure. the accuracy and speed of the mouse is unmatched by any controller. you will get owned by the noobest noob on pc. you can run around and do crazy jumps with your game pad but when it comes to aim you will be ****tier than my grandma. end of story.

Jo0k

Apr 12, 2006
f.sardis said:
you will get owned by the noobest noob on pc. you can run around and do crazy jumps with your game pad but when it comes to aim you will be ****tier than my grandma. end of story.

\/

Jo0k said:
but i know for sure all the xbox players, along with my self, compete on pc as well.

wah.:eek:

hey you seriously play with a trackball? lol

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I CRiSiS I said:

Are you trying to make a positive case for uc players deserving respect? :eek:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
f.sardis said:
first of all go learn english, second of all the fat lady will sing for you the say you can play online together with pc gamers. then come tell us who is best in ut. personally i have already seen the difference with ps2 controllers and fps games on ps2. one thing is for sure. the accuracy and speed of the mouse is unmatched by any controller. you will get owned by the noobest noob on pc. you can run around and do crazy jumps with your game pad but when it comes to aim you will be ****tier than my grandma. end of story.

... you're not helping the case for PC gaming either...

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Jo0k said:
nope. they havnt said it isnt. heres what they have said. first, they said its confirmed for nextgen consoles. then, they came back and said its confirmed for nextgen consoles who can handle the unreal 3 engine. they said that, probabaly, to back themselves up since the revolution from nintendo wont be able to run the unreal 3 engine. 360 has MANY unreal 3 games coming out. right now, there going to realease gears of war. after i expect them to release ut2k7. and many feel the same way i do on this subject. like i said its just a question of when.

So what are you going to do if they decide to make UT2007 a PS3 exclusive for consoles and just do Gears of War and Unreal Championship 3 for the Xbox 360?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Jo0k said:
mostly all i see in the following posts on this page are people in love with their pc's. the people telling me that all pc players simply dont care, you need to look at the prize money lined up for console tournaments this year. its hard not to notice console gaming at a pro level. i dont expect your opinions to change right now, or ever from my word. after a while you might. or youll just choose never to open up.
If people don't care about console gaming, why would they care about console tournaments? It makes no sense, the interest in one is what generates the interest in the other. Someone with no care for console gaming is not going to follow console gaming news, and would only be tipped off to the prize money by someone like you who does.
seeming how uc has the option of aa on, its not to the point of impossible seeming everything lines up in the right situation. the difficult part in uc is being able to pull off a walljump-flying-combo-lg-headshot-multikill-rap3fest faster, and then being able to trans away, not getting hit.:lol:
You clearly don't know what a boost-jump is. The move I described would be completely impossible with the control scheme UC has. Also, it's been like 4 years now since they released a patch for UC that turned off AA. Dunno what rock you've been living under...
You haven't been paying attention. Epic announced UT2007 for PC first. Then, they announced the PS3 version by showing the crud in the PS3 tech demo video and doing a preview in PSM and then officially announcing it for PS3. There have been several Q&As with Epic where they have outright said that UT2007 is not announced or planned for Xbox 360. At this point they already have two series that are exclusively Xbox, Gears of War and Unreal CHAMPIONSHIP. They would be stupid to abandon either of these for UT2007, as there is really not close to the amount of buzz for 2k7 on any console as there is for PC (which is not much by it's own right).

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Yeah, and due to it's nature, I seriously doubt they will do a mutiplayer multiplatform game with this franchise, before some other franchise does it, and makes the initial mistakes for Epic to learn from.

I can see EA/Dice taking care of that for us :D

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I CRiSiS I said:

I think I know why you hate PC games. You have no idea how to use a keyboard.

I CRiSiS I

Apr 13, 2006
no, no, no i think we all have a misunderstanding......dude i love pc games especially the shooters... if it wasnt for how much u gotta spend on a pc yearly or w/e id be pc 24/7. Im just irritaded on seeing all these players sayin "ut07 not for 360 yay" its mostly ps3 fanboys. That all......oh yeah and uh check this out

Unreal Tournament 2007
Publisher: Midway
Developer: Epic
Genre: First-Person Shooter

The fourth in the series is the first UT on Xbox 360. Although we don't know much about the game yet, we do know it's built on the Unreal 3.0 engine, which is skeet hot, and that it's going to focus on competitive play with tons of guns and vehicles. Expect blazing fast first-person action, huge guns, vehicular play, and one hell of an Xbox Live game

thats from ign.....some more proof.;)

Jo0k

Apr 12, 2006
You clearly don't know what a boost-jump is. The move I described would be completely impossible with the control scheme UC has. Also, it's been like 4 years now since they released a patch for UC that turned off AA. Dunno what rock you've been living under...

sorry dont know what a boost jump is. and lets not go into this debate, i can name off many moves for consoles you dont know and make you feel stupid for not knowing. however, i do know that you dont know the first thing about uc. uc came with aa on and aa off. each has its own followers since the begining. I for one play aa on, and aa off seeming i came from a pc background and liked working for my kills. but each has its own difficulty and respectable qualities. the patch only fixed the problem with the server turning off the aa on, ingame and making everyone else have aa off while the server has aa on. it was also like 2 years ago. and dont argue the aa was toned down. ive been playing the game since day 1 and its the same. everyone was just speculating.

if 2k7 comes out for ps3, ill probably end up playing it on ps3. or just upgrade my pc and own the people on the forums at beyondunreal.com.;)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
IGN said:
This game is currently scheduled for release on PC, and is expected for release in some form on next-gen consoles as well, although exact plans for release have not been confirmed -- the PS3 version has already undergone heavy development, while a possible Xbox 360 version has been considered but not actively developed.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/746/746631.html

Yeah, there's a good shot it will be released for both console platforms, but we just don't repeat assumptions here, no matter how true we may think they will become.

I also assure, that there are no "PS3 Fanboi's" here, to say it's not coming out for the XBroke360, because most of us could care less about either. We know it's coming out for the PC, and we know we will be playing it when it does. ...and gj on that last post, a bit more legible. You isn't much harder to type then u though.

I thought I heard that hal, but it was later in q3's life then I was playing it anymore. Wonder how it did...

Heh, the difference is you played a game that was capable of that move, and you don't know the move, because your control interface prevented you from learning it. Some PC UT2003 players couldn't do it with a keyboard. Boost jumping was fast, intricate, and required more then 2 fingers to do, something UC rarely had the liberty of. THAT was the point of bringing it up, not to make you feel stupid, but to give you an understanding of how a keyboard is hard to compete with.

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Originally Posted by JoOk
if 2k7 comes out for ps3, ill probably end up playing it on ps3. or just upgrade my pc and own the people on the forums at beyondunreal.com.

Yeah upgrade your pc; go play some ut games; come back here; own us; then youve earnt our respect; Proved your point yet~!!!

Originally Posted by -AEnubis-
Heh, the difference is you played a game that was capable of that move, and you don't know the move, because your control interface prevented you from learning it. Some PC UT2003 players couldn't do it with a keyboard. Boost jumping was fast, intricate, and required more then 2 fingers to do, something UC rarely had the liberty of. THAT was the point of bringing it up, not to make you feel stupid, but to give you an understanding of how a keyboard is hard to compete with.