Oh my sh!t

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Random, very obvious fact: The Ryu Hayabusa of Ninja Gaiden is, indeed, the same person as in Dead or Alive. Unfortunately, Ryu forgets how to use most of his ninja magic in DoA, but he replaces it with that cheap spinning piledriver. Goddamn, I hate that move.

Ranger 223

MS Paint Pimp
May 26, 2002
Derelan said:
after watching it, the game looks incredibly bland with little gameplay, but what does today's generation care? As long as its pretty, its fun!

you mean like virtua fighter 4?

Ranger 223

MS Paint Pimp
May 26, 2002
i hate that move as well. Oh well :\ what are ya gonna do? i tell you what i'll do, i 'll smash his face in with Bayman, or Leon.

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Bayman kicks ass. I love putting my friends in the STF and sharpshooter (aka scorpian death lock). It's great fun in the game, too :D

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I really need to get a console and get some fighting games again. I miss the days of Mortal Kombat II (the only one better then 1), Killer Instinct (best game eva), and the others I can't think of right now.

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Holy urine soaked god in hell! That game looks friggen awesome! Derelan what in the hell are you talking about bland? That game has coolness and fun up the ying yang.

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Ignore Derelan. He's too sophisticated for concepts like "fun" and "not hating everything".

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
I was Jann Lee when I wanted to brawl, Bayman when I wanted to grapple, and Bass when I wanted to counter mid-level kicks into that "SHA SHA SHA!!!!!" throw.

Last edited:

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Originally posted by FeelTheUniverseXXX
Ignore Derelan. He's too sophisticated for concepts like "fun" and "not hating everything".
Or maybe action platformers just don't appeal to some people?

I know I wasn't too terribly impressed by the trailer. I'm sure it will probably be fun on a mindless button mashing level, along the same lines as Devil May Cry, but the most incredible game I've ever seen it certainly isn't.

-Keiichi

Last edited:

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Spend five minutes in IRC when the kid's around, and you'll see what I mean. That is, after he rejoins a dozen times with a different name in an attempt to circumvent the bans.

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
I work for UPS and AllStar Entertainment (the former on weeknights, and the latter on weekend days). The AllStar boss got the Xbox. He also has a bunch of classic arcade towers in his basement, and a gigantic collection of Simpsons stuff (including the arcade game).