Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Copyright law says something along the lines that a piece of work has to be original and not reproduce elements as well as the look and feel or someone else's work.

I'm not sure what the specifics are and I could be confusing this with trademarks. You'll have to ask a lawyer the details and then ask someone who is good with computer law to find out what applies on the web.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Haha, if someone steals your work, contact me... I'll tell you how to make $$$ off of their "oops"

Some people are paranoid about it, I pray someone will try to take my work and sell it. Its the settlement checks that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
I wouldn't worry about it too much :) :tup: The Sun took one of my pictures (the blue one in the middle) for a really badly written (and inaccurate) article last year, some friends also got theirs pinched. It was taken from another forum, not from flickr. The papers can make excuses but they know it's a breach of copyright really.

We just sent them invoices in the post. It took a few phone calls and emails to get through to the right person, but in the end they were very apologetic. One of my friends had several published and she got over £600 for them :D I just regret not asking for more now.

If you're worried about the university thinking you've plagarised someone else's work, keep the raw files or negatives so you have solid proof they're yours.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2342/thesunscan.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3091/2404283904_e2c52ed184_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
If someones determind enough a watermark wont work to well. I've erm accdently lerned how to remove some types of watermarks. It can be a time consumeing prosess but it is possable. Then again if you still have the camra you took the photos with and have the origonal copies on your computer you can sue anyone who tries to steal your work as you have proof you took the photos that cant be faked.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Those of you hoping that your work will get stolen so you can collect a check might want to "check" on your copyright laws as they pertain to your country. For example, in the US, in order to sue a person or entity for breach of copyright, you must first have the works in question formally copyrighted through the US Copyright Office. Second, you can only sue in a US Federal Court. You cannot sue in any other level or jurisdiction.

There are a lot of myths going around the web concerning copyrights. Sure, you do own a copyright on any works you create, but again, to sue or take any legal action at all you must own a US Copyright on the works in question (if you are a US citizen). I previously checked on several countries' copyright laws, and their laws are similar in design to various degrees.

Probably the only good thing that comes out of watermarking is that it keeps the honest people honest, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I recently tried out the new Kodak Ektar 100 Film and it's the most vivid film I have seen. They weren't joking about that. I wouldn't shoot people with it as my shots gave them a pink hue and I have heard other people complain about that too, but other stuff came out really nice. Flowers look amazing with it.

My Life In Color
3587910574_aae7b52334.jpg

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I did some senior photos yesterday. I need to replace my 50mm F/1.8 with the F/1.4, I'm tired of the focus being hit and miss. :mad:

liz2tmr.jpg
liz3n.jpg

liz6.jpg
liz12.jpg

liz14.jpg
liz16.jpg

liz15.jpg

Let me know what you think.

-Kyle

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Yeah, sometimes the smile was forced. Some other pictures she was laughing, which made her eyes squint, so I choose these ones.

Tom, I was using my Canon 430EX Flash mounted on my Canon 30D. I didn't use a bounce card or anything, just direct flash.

tempus

“Do, or do not. There is no try.”
May 29, 2008
Portugal
tempus.paulo.googlepages.com
Hi people, I just notices this thread today, yeah I can't help it I am still a new to BU :lol:
So I will post my first entry but first I have to say, you people have some great skills theres, great photos keep them coming ;)

I will post several photos in several themes and kinds, hope you like them

a normal supermacro mode
RedLeafs.jpg

now a HDR in supermacro mode
FlowerBouquet3.jpg

another macros but this features 2 views of the same flower
BlueFlower.jpg

a Panorama
OldHousePanosmaller.jpg

Black and White
TagusFerrie-750.jpg

in normal setting but I really love the sun light on this on
unusualriverTagusshot1024x768.jpg

long exposure
myPCintheDark.jpg

to complete my post there is here various HDR shots
HDRRuins.jpg

HDR5clouds.jpg

DPP_0003_1_2.jpg

Praia02.jpg

Pobral01B.jpg

CasadaAv01.jpg

btw sorry for the long post, I think I got a little carried aways :D

I did some senior photos yesterday. I need to replace my 50mm F/1.8 with the F/1.4, I'm tired of the focus being hit and miss. :mad:

liz12.jpg

Let me know what you think.

-Kyle

Yes, the smiles make the pictures off, but this one just cracks me up. It's all of her, and then BAM out of nowhere some random guy pops up from behind a tree and is like "hey guys" lol.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Yes, the smiles make the pictures off, but this one just cracks me up. It's all of her, and then BAM out of nowhere some random guy pops up from behind a tree and is like "hey guys" lol.

Well that's her boyfriend... who actually happens to be my little brother.... funny how that happens.

And actually...... he was more like this when we got done with him.....

aaron1.jpg

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Slain, the last pic you posted; BBA, the one you posted; Kyle, pic no. 3 and Tempus's pics no. 3, 4, 5 and 6 are simply awe-inspiring! :tup:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
few shots I took this past weekend @ this crazy balloon/rave in Forest Park. it was the night before the actual balloon race so everybody was just getting hammered, walkin around drinking and watching those guys burn off about 20 grand worth of gasoline. it was hot and loud and intense. there was live music too, good times were had by all.

[screenshot]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3435/new008.jpg[/screenshot]
if the above gives you flashbacks of nights you spent on the toilet after having Mexican food, I cannot be held responsible.

[screenshot]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2473/new007.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4971/new009f.jpg[/screenshot]

and my cat. his name is Nick. and he's part lion.
[screenshot]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/4655/new002.jpg[/screenshot]