Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
These Rainy Days Will Never Slow Us Down
4457991407_90f08cb17f.jpg

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
lol...
are you trolling?
just because that particular hobby doesn't interest you is no reason to assume that other people couldn't enjoy it endlessly.

to each his own, different strokes for different folks. remember?
I'm sure you and your friends do something that BBA would find equally monotonous.

Nah, seems like I'm the one being trolled, too much butthurt perhaps? ;)

Funny though cause I wasn't really talking much about the photography aspect, which I do have an interest in, but I haven't tried it yet and don't have the equipment to.

Oh well, at least BBA pretty much satisfied my questions.

The main thing I was wondering is if there was any variety in the things he does or if hes open to introducing variety or looks for it. Any activity can be monotonous if you don't find new ways to do it and you do it often, ect.

I haven't really lived in a metropolis though so I don't really know what there is to offer.

Also just the idea of him having a set schedule or calendar that looks like:
Week 1: City photography.
Week 2: City photography.
Week 3: City photography.
Week 4: City photography.
ect. doesn't appeal to me at all, I don't like the idea of having your life planned out that much.

You're right though, I'm not one to talk since what I do is a lot less interesting, ect, ect.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
OO7MIKE, I just got the MH-C9000 charger in the mail today, with a 4-pack of 2700mAh AA NiMH rechargeable and a free battery case and charger bag. Initial reaction is that the charger looks very nice. I like how there is a screen telling you exactly how much charge the batteries have, and that you have the ability to have almost total control over how you charge the batteries. My previous charger operated on a set timer, which was about 10 hours long. Also, I'm not sure if the previous charger discharges first or not. Currently I am using the "Break-In" mode on the 4 2700's.

I'll report back the results of using the charger. I may test my old and new chargers on a discharged set of 4 like batteries, 2 for each charger.

El JuaKo

Fear the Mariachi
Dec 13, 2003
piranhaplantpijp.png

Took this picture and thought I'd do some modifications.

sorry for quoting this picture again but would you mind if i base one of my school projects for advertising around this picture as a concept?, ill mark this as a source in bibliographies and will make the final advertising on my own of course.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
One of the first signs of spring! My only regret with this picture is that the whole flower isn't totally focused, only the closest petals are. I should have taken the picture with a larger DOF. Other than that, I am pleased with it's composure.

Also, I really should get a Flickr account...

Edit: How do you guys go about copyrighting the pictures that you upload to the net? I know it is very easy to copy pictures, but I would still like a more secure way of doing it other than the Details tab in Windows... Or is it too much of a bother to do?

Attachments

• Flower.jpg
    Flower.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Flower2.jpg
    Flower2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Edit: How do you guys go about copyrighting the pictures that you upload to the net? I know it is very easy to copy pictures, but I would still like a more secure way of doing it other than the Details tab in Windows... Or is it too much of a bother to do?

I don't bother, but - http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

There are also plenty of account privacy and "ways to prevent people from downloading your sh*t" options on flickr.

You could slap a massive tag/watermark on on the photos, but that just spoils it for everyone else imo.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
OO7MIKE, I just got the MH-C9000 charger in the mail today, with a 4-pack of 2700mAh AA NiMH rechargeable and a free battery case and charger bag. Initial reaction is that the charger looks very nice. I like how there is a screen telling you exactly how much charge the batteries have, and that you have the ability to have almost total control over how you charge the batteries. My previous charger operated on a set timer, which was about 10 hours long. Also, I'm not sure if the previous charger discharges first or not. Currently I am using the "Break-In" mode on the 4 2700's.

I'll report back the results of using the charger. I may test my old and new chargers on a discharged set of 4 like batteries, 2 for each charger.

Excellent! I believe you will be impressed with both batteries and charger. Good investment!

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Excellent! I believe you will be impressed with both batteries and charger. Good investment!

Yeah, hopefully I can salvage my old and dying batteries with the charger as well with the "Refresh and Analyze" mode, so I could either sell them for cheap or use them with other less electrically intensive devices, like flashlights.

Last edited:

El JuaKo

Fear the Mariachi
Dec 13, 2003
not sure if ive done it before i would like to introduce you to Richard, the ballsy koala.

4461535081_004d35fe9f_b.jpg

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Free / Opensource HDR software

For those of you too cheap to buy PS or too honest to warez it :),

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100323145610371/HDRImaging.html

• Luminance HDR - Provides a workflow for HDR imaging (previously known as Qtpfsgui)
  • Hugin - Panorama photo stitching program
  • CinePaint - Works with 16-bit and floating point pixels for HDR imaging
  • pfstools - Command line HDR manipulation programs
  • OpenEXR - HDR image file format and HDR utilities
  • Radiance - Lighting simulation and rendering system
Items in bold are available for Linux, OSX and Windows. Item in bold italic are Linux/OSX only. Other items are Linux-only unless you have ninja cygwin skills.

I haven't used any of the above so I can't comment on the quality but if all you want to do is play around with HDR then they are worth a look.

Last edited:

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
I haven't used PS in ages. Since my image editing requirements are mostly fulfilled in Lightroom, I've been able to get away with using Paint.net. It's a free, easy to use PS clone. Of course, it not nearly as capable as PS, but for my needs it works well.

I used to pirate PS as well as few other bits of software, but I gave up that a long time ago. There are plenty of free, powerful software apps out there that do a damn good job at replacing expensive software.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
The practical thing with Photoshop and Lightroom is that they can handle the RAW files very well. Are there any other programs out there that can do similar things?