[not a lolitics thread]Are looking at a couple cooler years from all the volcanic...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
...activity the last few years. When Mount St. Helens errupted in 1980 it made a measurable change in the weather for the new few years. The world was a couple degrees cool for a couple years. Over the last couple years there has been a decent number of them going off, so has anyone read of any change?

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
It would be interesting to see the results of a super-caldera, if not frighteningly horrific. The amount of ash jettisoned would cause widespread starvation due to crops dying from lack of sunlight, etc. It would be a 'volcanic winter', much like the one that predates one of the ice ages, IIRC.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
It's a divergent tectonic plate. Last I remember, we have to keep on extending and/or repairing the transatlantic line in order to maintain connection between the Americas and the rest of the world.

Pangea_animation_03.gif

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
It's a divergent tectonic plate. Last I remember, we have to keep on extending and/or repairing the transatlantic line in order to maintain connection between the Americas and the rest of the world

While, yes, you have to maintain things, there isn't the kind movemment that requires constant adjustments because of it. A few centimeters a year has no real implications for fiberoptics lines (apparently they don't keep them 100% taut), rather it is other types of damage that are a problem.

~Jason

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I suppose that last post implied constant maintenance, rather than consistent, i.e. every couple decades, give or take. Says it spreads at an average rate of about 2.5 cm per year.