UE3 - UT3 Noobie Q - keyframe will not move constantly - no tween states -advice needed!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Green goblin

Let's get pixelated!
Jun 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Hi all new here, but have been a lurker in the past!

I am working my way through the excellent 3DBuzz tutorials that came with the special edition of UT3. I am currently trying to get my movers to animated appropriately for lifts etc.

I have been trying frantically to figure out why my mover objects will not move!

Basically i have followed the steps in in the tutorials several times as follows:

1) Create an interpactor mesh (for example lift mesh)

2) Click on mesh > open kismet >right click new event from interpactor
>Mover.

3) Open matinee >click on movement track> Adjust start and end time line
(red arrows) to zero and say 1.50 or 2.0.
4) Create key frame at zero, move slider to last keyframe ( 1.50) create
keyframe 1.

5) I then get the message in perspective AJUST KEY 1, so i move the mesh
up a bit to simulate movement say 128 units etc.

6) Now here it the crux of the problem i believe that the yellow moving
tracking line should have (tweens from point a to point b, but all i am
getting is a straight yellow line with a nodule at point a and point b but
nothing in bewtween to simulate the path.

7) When i play the animation - the mesh stays dormant at zero and when
the track hits 1.50 it jumps straight to the top position - there is NO
constant flow (or tweens) between the two states.

I have the animation set to constant, looped, collision block all (so it can be activated by the player) and playrate set to zero so it resets once lift has gone back up or down etc.

It is the the frames jumping from zero state to final state with no animation bewteen - can anyone explain what i am doing wrong, i have looked at a few vid tutorials, but i am not sure if there is something wrong with my settings as in the vids i have seen the yellow animation line in the viewports has the tween nodules on it where as mine just has one at begining and end?

Thoughs appreciated in advance, i have done a couple of searches in forums but not come up trumps!

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
sounds like you might need to change the curve type between the keys to 'curve(user)'

Green goblin

Let's get pixelated!
Jun 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Thanks Jetfire, that has sorted it, brilliant stuff.

>right click change interp mode from constant to curve.

I will search unreal wiki for explainations about each of the different interp modes, i.e. curve,curve break, constant etc.

Cheers.

:D