No more 5.56mm weapons ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[PiP]Celtan

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes
May 13, 2000
www.pipeline-games.com
Ok, though I can read the comment on this forum, I'd still like to make a new weapon suggestion, and I think this would add to the richness and flavour of the game :)

When I see the roadmap, I notice there are a couple of assault rifles planned; the M16, M4, FAMAS, the SIG ... they have all one thin in common: the 5.56mm ammunition ... even the M249 uses it ...
Now, please correct me if I'm wrong, I think that because all weapons use the same ammunition, they are going to have about the the same penetration and damage values ... of course there are some differences caused by the barrel length and other factors; I'm sure Gryphon knows this stuff well enough to make sure this is correctly simulated ...

I have been trained on a HK G3, which was at the time the workhorse of the German army. This rifle uses 7.62mm ammunition, and I'm sure it has a better penetration than the smaller ammunition now used in the game. Of course this weapon has a stronger recoil compared to the smaller calibres:)

Wouldn't it be interesting to have an assault rifle (though I've read a classification as battle rifle) that uses a different ammo instead of having lots of rifles all using the same (NATO) calibre. The G3 is wide-spread; I've even seen a picture of Ayatollah Khomeini holding a G3 ... and it also supports a variety of attachments ...

Unfortunately, HKPRO seems to be offline for the moment, so that I can't post a link to the site.
Here are some pics of the G3:

536.jpg

542.jpg

HK G3 with bipod, Schmidt & Bender scope and JP style compensator

727.jpg

g3-sg1-1.jpg

What do you think of the idea?

Burn, Baby
AR15firing.gif
tank.gif

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
I'd like to see it included too, even though it is outdated, many armys use it, the Danish and several african armys to name but a few.

Actualy, i'd like to see alot more "outdated" weapons in INF, why should the INF soldiers only come from rich country's?

Gfsigil.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" color="white"size="2"><span style="font-size:10pt;width:100%;height:40pt;text-align:left;filter:wave(freq=2,strength=5,phase=3,lightstrength=20)color="black"><span on_mouseover="this.style.color='white'"onMouseout="this.style.color='white'">Fighting the fucking censorship!</span></font>

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
The upper one looks more like a Vollmer conversion of a mp5.

Anyway if you ant to get truly massive firepower in a classic coat... i'd advise the PPSH41, it fires full length 7.62mm ammunition from a sub-machine gun (more automatic rifle size) and has an underslung 71 round drum standard. This was the main Russian weapon during ww2.

The gun i'd like to see most is the OC-14 Groza
OC14Groza.jpg

In the 9x39mm variant, with all the nice attachments ofcourse. This would truly be a variation on all the 5.56mm standard rifles.

Crosshairs are for wimps :)

Killing stupid people is not just a hobby, it's a way of life.

Mademanc.jpg

Official World War 2 Online Infiltration pimp

Visit Study and Operations Group the no1 Nam mod in the works.

[This message was edited by The_Fur on Jan 23, 2001 at 15:04.]

Farrell

Oct 19, 2000
yeah baby

Lets get the G3, AK47 (or AK74, whatever- one or the other), Steyr Aug, M60, Barret .50 cal, and a Glock. ahhh.

more more more, gimme gimme gimme.

Plus more models, skins, bolt-ons, faces, etc. The INF team may have to quit their day jobs.

It's a good thing I'm patient, hehe. Maybe we'll see that online code in 2-3 weeks :) (or maybe.. tomorow?? :))

But anyways, seriously, I think guns associated with a nationality's army are a good thing. Since INF is a military mod, it's sposed to be more then a bunch of random guys with random weapons killing each other over and over on a map, right? (however fun that may be) It's supposed to be the teamwork of 2 squads equipped with military weapons. Thats why I'm pro AK47 and pro G3 if it's the German guy's primary weapon.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
More penetration doesn't necessarily equate to more damage. Studies have shown that the 5.56mm bullet does more damage on humans than the 7.62mm. That's one reason why the U.S. Marine Corp dropped their beloved M-14 in favor of the M-16. The bullets were going through flesh much too fast to do enough damage. Obviously, penetration is good when you're trying to hit a guy through the tree he's hiding behind. Personally, I'd like to see something in that caliber eventually.. maybe like a FN MAG58 or M240G.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
actually i thought that germany switched over to the G36 line from HK. One of the best looking guns i've seen awhile. :) but i'm not sure it'd have a place in INF. it's basically an m16/m4 combo with similar attachment options. ok ditch the new sig and make it a G36. hehe just kidding. but i still think its more asthetically pleasing and at least it's not in CS, or TO (afasik)

boom

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
I'll probably get my a$$ toasted for this, but I say drop the M4 or the MP5 Navy and include the G36...

I currently have my botmatches set up in a USA vs. Soviet mode... Blue team have M16-203´s and Berettas, Red Teams have AKSMU (sp?) and HK69's. Blue team are wearing woodland camou whilst the "red commie bastards" are sporting Spetsnaz Tan... It's a looota fun :)

Handsome Boy Modeling School Graduate
page

page

My homepage </font>

[PiP]Celtan

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes
May 13, 2000
www.pipeline-games.com
DEFkon, you're right, Germany has switched to the G36 ... it is a very good weapon, and it uses NATO calibre as well. It was the standard-issue infantry weapon 4 years ago while I was serving, and I am pretty sure that not every German unit is now equipped with the G36 ... we don't treat our military that good :)
Most probably the G36 is in use with the troops that are serving with UN or NATO forces ...

I just suggested the G3 to get a little bit more variety ... not always NATO ammunition. It is an assault rifle which has been in service for many years.
I think it would be interesting and fun to play with more choice of calibres ... as it is, every weapon planned uses the NATO calibre.

The_Fur: The upper weapon is the G3K with a folding stock. This has been issued to paratroopers and also signal troops for easier storage in their vehicles. As I was a signal guy, this is quite a familiar picture :)

Burn, Baby
AR15firing.gif
tank.gif