Nice games guys!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Yeah those were some good games!

(Note to self: Self, when carrying flag, do not use translocator (repeat X10)).

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

3AM. A stick, skates and a puck. Joy.

[PuF]BadAss

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
Using the translocator while carrying the flag does have its purpose. For example, in CTF-November, if you have the blue flag, you can run to the room with a tube going down. If you normally jump down, you will take 53 points of damage, ouch!!!

But, you can translocate down and drop the flag, but don't worry, you can pick it up again when you reach the bottom.

The defender will be to chicken to jump down after you because of the 53 points of falling damage. Sneaky.

[PuF]BadAss

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Yes, I can't believe I played for 4 hours online. Neither can my wife /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif but its hard to break away from friends, and she is finally getting the idea that this is where a lot of my friends are.
Let me see, {OF}Candyman, Liquid_Sin, Zaccix, Wendy, and others that I've seen posting here, all in one night, thanks to the #planetunreal channel. Thanks to Liquid_Sin for getting the ball rolling. Don't be shy to join in, you others, because we aren't ALL experts. Now if we could just get that "bot" thing in our channel to "keep it open" so that late-comers would know where people were playing.....

Question: If I purposely drop the flag, is there a time limit on how long it will stay there, or will it stay there indefintely until touched by the other team? Of course, I mean dropped in an accessible place.

Oh, and I tried the trick with shooting your translocator disk across Facing worlds with the impact hammer. Cool trick! I also tried the double translocate trick (up to the blue base thru the hole in the floor)on CTF-November, but it doesn't work with a 300 ping, not a quick enough response /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by HuFlungDung (edited 12-14-1999).]

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Hu if somebody joins the channel after we have left for a game (as long as we stay in the channel) then all they have to do is double click one on of our names. This will bring up a 1 on 1 chat window, when they attempt to send a message to this person, it will tell them what server said person is playing on. So yes, late comers can find the server we are playing on.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

[This message has been edited by LiquiD_SiN (edited 12-14-1999).]

schwolop

Dec 14, 1999
Visit site
I know i'm not part of this discussion but since your going on about multiple translocator throws, is it possible to actually fly with it, i.e. throw up and do it again?? thanx

silverfish

Nov 30, 1999
www.centipededesigns.com
as for the 'bot' for IRC. My clan is on irc.enterthegame.com, and all registered channels get a 'ChanServ' that is there to Op people, and hold the topic, so the place you all go to will be in the topic for all to see!

------------

w.silverfish
clan westside
http://westside.clanpages.com
#w on irc.enterthegame.com

[This message has been edited by silverfish (edited 12-14-1999).]

Shagnasty

Dec 13, 1999
www.midnite-empire.de
Schwolop: Yes, it is possible, but requires a bit of practice - at least, "I" needed "lots" of practice before I could get up on the ridge on Face, and I needed jump boots for the first jump /~unreal/ubb/html/redface.gif