ngworldstats.com ====> down 4ever?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

You-Suk|BuF

Getting ready
i cannot accept that ngstats in the States is working
and that Europe is down
that 's almost impossible, it looks that the almighty
Microsoft is giving us a fukking "nice" christmas

it's not the points that are important to me, but it is
just fun to see how you've been playing

it looks that ngstats is permanently down....thanx Bill

Dubious[GDI]

UT Server Guru
Apr 20, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
www.FactoryUnreal.com
So far, from what I've been reading on the utservers listserv, only comcast@home users are able to resolve the websites. This is most likely due to a DNS refresh right before it got hosed. This will likely expire in a day or 2.

Dont bother trying to pull up the page - that *could* be a caching problem. The only proof that you can get to the site is if you perform an nslookup on the domains and provide a *usable* IP address.

If someone can provide a usable IP address for the ut.ngworldstats.com domain, please post it. Other than that, plese start spamming msnoc@microsoft.com.

LagMonster

-> MeStinkBAD
Jan 12, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
Re: From the ThisIsNotAHoax Dept.

Originally posted by SimplyCosmic
Um . . . what "2001 bug"?

I beleive the 2001 bug affects all software that still hasen't been fixed for the 2000 bug, or software so badly written that even with the 2000 bug fixed, it still fuqs up.

I'm being sarcastic, BTW.

Dustin

Dubious[GDI]

UT Server Guru
Apr 20, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
www.FactoryUnreal.com
Hel-lo - IP Address???

LagMonster - Please post the IP address of your mysterious link to ut.ngworldstats.com.

The fact that you posted the URL does absolutely nothing for us becuase we can't resolve the domain name through our DNS servers. If we had the IP then we can see if the site it really functional or not.

Y

Yellow5

207.46.228.232 is the IP that I trace to, and that loads up the MS Zone stats page, which gives me this:

"Welcome to the new ZoneStats feature! ZoneStats will allow you to track your game rankings in tons of different categories specific to your favorite game. No more bragging without backup, now you can point to ZoneStats to show the world how good you are, or how much practice you need.

There is a link to the UT section on that page and it's the same link that Lagmonster mentioned above (which works here).

Dubious[GDI]

UT Server Guru
Apr 20, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
www.FactoryUnreal.com
Ok, this keeps getting better...

So I go to that IP address (which, apparently, is the IP for ut.ngworldstats.com) and I do get the page you mentioned.

Yes, there is a link on there for Unreal Tournament. But, when you click on it, it tries to take you to ut.ngworldstats.com, *which does not resolve*!

So - you see - one cannot get to a domain that does not resolve into an IP address. This is EXACTLY why I requested the IP address to begin with.

BUT: If that IP address you were kind enough to provide to me is actually the IP of ut.ngworldstats.com, then *no one* should be able to get to the site, becuase it would return the text you posted above, and a link to itself.

So, one of 2 things is going on:
1. The IP address you gave is actually the IP of ut.ngworldstats.com and NO ONE can get to the site. If anyone says differently they are lying, because it would go in a vicious circle on the MSZone page.
2. The IP address you gave is NOT the IP of ut.ngworldstats.com and I hope that someone can still provide that info.

[Venom]_Gooner

Oct 22, 2000
www.mcmadsen.dk
I'll tell you what's annoying me about this now - I can get to the home page with the link to Mech 4, UT and Q3, the Mech 4 link works, the Q3 link works, but the UT link doesn't work ..... that's just typical.

Y

Yellow5

Originally posted by Dubious[GDI]
So, one of 2 things is going on:
1. The IP address you gave is actually the IP of ut.ngworldstats.com and NO ONE can get to the site. If anyone says differently they are lying, because it would go in a vicious circle on the MSZone page.

ut.ngworldstats.com points to 207.46.228.232 which is what I said above. Open up a program like NeoTrace and enter ut.ngworldstats.com and it will trace to the above IP. There is no response from 207.46.228.232 and that node shows as "down".

Y

Yellow5

I live in the Seattle area and will call MS today and ask them about this. I'll also email a few cotnacts out there and see what we get.

Dustin

Dec 25, 2000
Illinois
Visit site
A little off topic, but i'll try to stick to the main theme which shouldn't be to difficult. Ok, i got ngstats and i want to use it on my local machine, but its says its missing a dll, snajwt11 or something along those lines. well i've had roblems with dynamic links before and i could but they were alays fixable. so i found a website that had a nice library of dlls and luckily they had the one i needed. i put the dll in c://windows/system and come to find out i needed another, so i went along the same lines and found it. then it gave me another error. at this point i gave up(it wasn't a dll error) and decided to see if anyone here knew a cure. as for ngworld stats for ut i tried the ip address and got the same results everyone else did. what i don't understand is that mech 4 quake and all the other links on that page work. i thinks it kinda funny cause ngworld stats went down about the same time i bout ut. Keep us posted Yellow5