New Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Hellbender paradise.

gregori said:
I'd also like to be able to stand up in the passenger seat of the hellbender and fire the standard player weapons from the Roof.

I was thinking the same untill i started to switch really quicly between the sniper turret and the plasma one. The hellbender is perfect like that in my opinion.

Vault

May 29, 2005
i watched the last half of terminator 1 the other week....missed the future war...

Vault

May 29, 2005
what about the heat ray from War of the Worlds? (its better in the book...)

Vault

May 29, 2005
wait! how about a gun that shoots out those red plants?to slow our opponents movement perhaps.... or maybe just to spuce up the maps decorations :D

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
D:!!!! that would be insanez!

I bet all of these ideas could be implemented as map-specific superweapons, which is what epic said they were trying to promote. They said they wanted the map makers to be able to imbed custom super weapons into the map and maybe even have them interact with the map itself. I think they were throwing around ideas like falling rocks and stuff in that magazine interview.

I think I'm going to have to remake StarCraft and WoW maps for ut2k7. :D

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
The asmd is already a type of taser!

I'm goin to be cruel and say how bout a chainsaw launcher :D
yuo know for them days when you just cant reach someone melee

Or at least some type of cyclone storm/ gravity well!

Or a super weapon that sucks meteors down from space and impacts your target at explosive speeds!

Vault

May 29, 2005
uh....you do know what i taser is right? i shoots serveral thin wires with hooks on the ends that grab somebody and it sends electricity through the wire and electrifies the person (cops use it) it shoots shotgun style..btw

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
yes I know what a tazer is,
The asmd just delivers an electrical shock using a lasers instead of wires,
if you look at then name of the projectile in unreal it's called a tazer

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
How about a gun that deforms the environment to damage the enemy, you hold and drag on an area (primary makes it protrude, secondary makes it split).

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
How bout been able to flip the scorpion or hellbender by placing a shock combo in the rightplace,

or the ablility to use the whole shock core as a demolition bomb for destroying buildings and vehicles, it is afterall part of the original description of the ASMD in the unreal1 manual

''If the compressed energy in the core of this
weapon was released all at once, the resulting
force would be enough to bring down a large
building. The comparatively small energy bursts
released with each squeeze of the ASMD’s trigger
are still more than enough to put a world of
hurt on most targets.''