new version with minigolf soon ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
will there be a new version with the minigolf gametype for us to test soon ??
we have to test it a bit before we can create maps for it :)

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
I can't give an estimate on the next version with mini-golf mode, since we're still in bug-fix mode. However, you can test mini-golf now. The game will automatically put you into putting mode if your hole is textured with the "Green" texture, even at the teeoff.

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
I textured the hole with the green texture but its not in putting mode, and it says OUT OF BOUNDS immediately when I try to shoot the ball :-(

what is wrong ?? :confused:

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
You need to have a DGHoleVolume surrounding the hole, and with it's HoleNumber property set equal to the corresponding DCup and DTee. Also, remember DCup is a volume and not a point actor.

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
I see now, the Dholevolume has to surround the whole track, I just made it into the hole

I can shoot now but he does not use the putter :(
and after he shot the ball keeps bouncing without stopping :weird:
what is wrong now ??

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
MIX please help :(

please test my map and tell me whats wrong with it :confused:

Attachments

• DG-minitest.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
I can confirm not starting with the putter. After the tee shot, however, he should use a putter. Try making a very slight shot on the first try.

If anyone is actively making courses, let me know and I'll put you on the beta list and you'll have access to our weekly builds.

Mix

So Fresh and So Clean
Nov 15, 2000
Marion, OH
www.coilgames.com
It's a texture naming problem.

in the log, I get this error: " Unknown Surface: BAS38HA"

Use the DuffersTerrain.Grass.Green texture. Textures must be named "Rough_*", "Fairway_*", "Bunker_*", or "Green" for the physics engine to recognize them.

sycology

May 18, 2004
huhu
Yeah, I'd really like to create a mini-golf course aswell, but I don't think that it would work well because the casual putting-mode isn't really challenging if you just play like this.. Maybe you should include another mode / option with an alternative mode where the putting iron can be moved by moving the mouse forward / backward and the faster you do this the faster the ball rolls - that would make more sense in a mini-golf mode :)

Hope you understand what I mean and please let me know what you think about this suggestion..