New Release date?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Orv

Jan 3, 2004
pleh said:
heh... ill take that rather lightly on the chin :p.
tribes doesnt suck. I'm not here to talk about the trilogy of tribes... so we'll avoid such discussion by referring back to the topic.

I'm concerned that because there has been no change on the front page displaying any new updates or progression that the release date isnt for a while.

I could be wrong. It may be a way of developing 'hype'.

Yes, I was just ribbing... TV doesn't suck.
I forgot to emote.
(I'll be sure and have my wife spank me when she gets home from work today...)

--Orv

Last edited:

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
\/\/0RF said:
..., FMI may have to release a final product only, or it's torches and pitchforks. ...

flamethrowers!!!!!

even a bottle of axe and a lighter will do

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
I understand the saying "when it's done". Please understand that some, not all, need information to make decisions.

Our team isnt going to wait. We were interested in evaluating UT:XMP. The team became bored waiting an undesclosed amount of time, and is moving on. Understand, once a team commits to 'competition' in a title, they arent going to change without reason.

Sorry to say this, but your insistence that 'when it's done' is the answer was unhelpful. As a programmer, I understand in the abstract. But some indication rather than a, sorry, belligerent 'when its done' would have been more useful.

I am certain it will be a great mod. Good luck with it.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
FMI has no obligation to coordinate its release date with competitive teams. If you guys choose to move on, so be it, but don't blame them for not wanting to release an unfinished product.

Free monkey. Quit complaining. ;)

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Yeah, better late and working than now and broke. Wait a minute, isn't that the argument used for Duke Nukem and Half-Life 2? Omf, are we ever going to see UTXMP?!

Orv

Jan 3, 2004
thebigguy said:
i wud say release and more ppl be able to help u out with bugs than it being l8

Are you planning to help with spelling?
:lol: :p :p :p :p

--Orv

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
JimBodkins said:
I understand the saying "when it's done". Please understand that some, not all, need information to make decisions.

Our team isnt going to wait. We were interested in evaluating UT:XMP. The team became bored waiting an undesclosed amount of time, and is moving on. Understand, once a team commits to 'competition' in a title, they arent going to change without reason.

Sorry to say this, but your insistence that 'when it's done' is the answer was unhelpful. As a programmer, I understand in the abstract. But some indication rather than a, sorry, belligerent 'when its done' would have been more useful.

I am certain it will be a great mod. Good luck with it.
Who the flip are you?

[BBF]Elessar

Feb 18, 2004
GotBeer? said:
Yeah, better late and working than now and broke. Wait a minute, isn't that the argument used for Duke Nukem and Half-Life 2? Omf, are we ever going to see UTXMP?!

LMAO! :lol:

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
Ah the labor of love from FMI. I support you FMI. You take your time and release something good. Just don't pull a no release at all on us :).

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
\/\/0RF said:
FMI has no obligation to coordinate its release date with competitive teams. If you guys choose to move on, so be it, but don't blame them for not wanting to release an unfinished product.

Free monkey. Quit complaining. ;)

What?

I dont care when it gets done. Some indication, nonbinding, would have been nice. At this point it could be 2006. Of course it should be done. One month, 36 months any nonbinding vague idea in soft focus? No. When it's done. STFU. Got it.

Ok.

We dont want to wait for what is a totally unknown amount of time. We cant plan that way. So we move on.

I still suspect the mod will be great and wish you good luck with it. To the apparent toadies, see ya.