New map thema ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
_Zd_Meelobee_ said:
and how about an Amsterdam themed map, you know, channels, coffeeshops, hookers, the works :tup:

What, you haven't played Amsterdoom yet :p ???

scrshot1.jpg

scrshot9.jpg

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
Vault said:
Haunted House theme

Heh... yeah, it sounds kooky. But maybe repackage that as "vintage sci- fi horror" and you might be onto something.

Of course, it would involve heavy borrowings from the Gothic stuff that's been done and done, but take CurseIV and Peak and throw them into a blender with '50s- style flying saucers, that electric thingy with the spark between the two antennae, wierd experimental creatures/ robots in vats of green slime and some pipe organ and theremin layered over a catchy techno beat... maybe an ambient sound of Vincent Price cackling maniacally... hey, it could work. :lol:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
No haunted house/haunted town/haunted fair ground and make it silent hill style!
I find the fair ground would give you an excust to have Mr Crow as a character!
What is the unreal excuse for having that , this is a wierd parrallel universe, innerverse psychic, metaphysical realm, coexisting with the purgatory world, the nighmares rule this realm_______the land of lost souls,fallen angels and where innocence of youth was corrupted! or so i hear........................

Discord

Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
Ooh, yeah, "sicko circus" type stuff. A DM-Level set in the Big Top where Mr. Crow used to work, or maybe the fun house complete with real impaled corpses. Backing music by Mr. Bungle. :)

(D'Ling that map BTW NeoNite...)

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Map thema? play in the pit of some monster's stomach! Or the feeding grounds of some beast! More space ships though, maybe a nuclear reactor or two, Or a futuristic prison,
maybe a pit fight on the vortex rikers using only impact hammers!

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
futuristic space deallies? definetly not enough high tech maps in 2kx, the mercs in unreal 1 had a very wierd futuristic look about them. I'd like to see more of liandri's mining operations around the galaxy,DM Liandri is such a map
Mesoptamia/persia would be a good map thema and excuse to use zigguraths and lamasus like all those really wierd cultures in iran and iraq 4000 years ago, only futuristic!

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
The scrap yard of the future, filled with crashed space craft, both big and small (some that still can be entered), along with the hidy holes of the scavanges that live in amunst this haven of broken and out of date hardware.
(Yes I know this was attempted in UT2004, but not quite to the extent i'm talking about)

Discord

Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
OK, here's my wierdest one yet. Get ready.

The arenas in this theme are the ruins of a mysterious, extinct, and highly developed alien civilization... the aliens themselves were humanoid in shape, maybe kind of like the famous Gray aliens you see all over the place. The kicker is, the overall look of the culture is a kind of parody/ distortion of Soviet- style art and architecture.

So you have big, impressive statues of gray aliens posed like Lenin and Stalin, and social- realist posters of the noble proletarian gray alien steadfastly operating his weather control device in the service of The People, etc. etc.

I don't know what that means and don't care to speculate. It just kind of came to me, and I thought it would look cool in a Star Trek/ alternate universe kind of way. Plus I always thought Soviet art was funny. :lol: :con:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Thats a very different idea, like it!
How bout futuristic neo fascism possibly in the NEG with a neo classical/helenistic sculpture with very strange imagery of fierce animals ie lions,eagles, soldiers and leaders

only very angular,rigid and geometric, almost verging on cubism but really terrifying,
possibly on a dead world, with propagandistic slogans graphittied onto a wall saying" the leader know all" and so on, and portraits/sculptures of this leader everywhere, ............basically really scary stuff based on 1930's germany/italy but with a modern twist...

If not that the second cold war could be a theme, Only different powers are at work here, possibly an intercolonial struggle between planets!

If not that, i seen a map done on a venice theme recently

a map on the theme could be brilliant depending on how its executed, have all narrow back alleys, and complex water ways in it, aswell multiple story buildings, some with half their front missing,
allowing for multiple/complex sniping opportunities and strategies aswell as the chance to move from rooftop to rooftop,

and jump from building to building without having touching the ground once+ you could get about trough water ways/sewers

...........the possibilities of that theme are endless!

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Yes, then i thought effort, god damn it, effort! Lazyness basically is ruining my life!

More too the point, Think Epic should lay of the HR Giger for themes because since alien,
everybody has ripped him off, species,pitchblack,matrix, doom,halflife,unreal 2 not to mention the whole list others,

How bout a map with wierd architecture/optical illusion like them wierd MC Escher pictures, or a map within a map contained in a crystal orb, making use of warp zones I suppose

or epic should rip off their own game and do that alive world Acheron from unreal 2, or the Drakk homeworld.........................................................