NEW - Game Type Project . . . .

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
Hi. What I am here to say is that I am starting a project using unreal movie studio in a couple on months (2 to be exact). To make things a bit easier I am buying a 100meg FTP account so the members won't have to deal with file planet and of course a url address. It's not a movie but does use camera options and interpolation points. It's not what you would call your usual project as I haven't seen anything that has even come close to it before. I am looking for 1-2 intermediate coders as the tasks won't be overly complicated, and a strong knowledge of camera control and interpolations points is a must. The same apply's for about 2-3 mapers. If you would like to hear more post here or gimme an email and I will explain what the project is about in more detail. I don't want to give away too much as I want to keep it's contents rather secret until we have enough built to relase a beta to the public. I also need a modler and a music guy but they will come last. I myself will be doing texture art and skinning. If you are seriously interested please drop me a line or a pm.

PS- Here is an image to get you guys thinkin of the theme -bounus points to anyone who can guess the game type! And I am sorry bout the quality but I drew it on my computer using bezier curves and straight lines since i don't have a tablet to draw with. The flak cannon is just in the pic to reprsent a generic weapon.

concept1.jpg

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Thanks, I won't be starting it up for about 2 months so if you are free then that would be great. Right now I am in the proccess of making documentation to give to the team members. I am writing a series of HMTL documents that tell about diffrent aspects of the game such as all the diffrent locations, main characters, an overview of the plot, the history of the world, timeframe, theme and technology base. When They are done (hopefully by this sunday) I will post links to them here so you all can read them and hopefully get better insight into the world I am trying to create.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Mhh texture artist and modellers. That's exactly what Positive-Ion needs for an U2 mod.
Damn you are already involved with this

Sounds nice tho :)

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
I was thinkin about porting to U2. My plan is basically to get a beta running in UT then just write generic code that can be transfered over. When U2 comes out we will look a bit closer at porting it over. The only advantage I can really see with U2 is that the model support might be better as this gametype will have some rather unconventional characters that make the nali cow look normal.

simianangel

Aug 12, 2001
Delaware, USA
mind if i take a guess at the game type,
i dont want to give away any secrets....

does it fall into the same category as these arcade classics:

s***** s****

t*** c*****

h**** o* t** d***

a*** 5*

???
if i am right, you will know what these are.

just guessing from the camera and the flow over interpolated points using u.m.s.
... and the generic gun.

by the way sunrise, i have seen some of your 2d art ('effects') and you should have a tablet -- 'cause you are fantastic!

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Hehe you guessed it and as such you get to be a beta tester ( I know might not be much of a prize, but I don't have cash so ^_^ ). As for the games your forgot one: E******* G*** B*** ^_-. I tracked down a tracker I just need 1 more, well track him down is all I've really done I have to email him and ask him if he's interested. His name is Fajer and his industrial Style fits the later half of the game very well. Just look up his name on google and I am sure you will be able to find a few of his tracks. As far as a tablet goes I think I am gonna ask for one for by b-day in september. Thanks for the kind comments Simian.

Right now I am still lookin for:
Coders 2-3:
1) to do cameras and interpolation points
2) to do weapon mechanics
3) more to basically fill the void and help the other two.

Mappers 3:
They don't have any really specific tasks quite yet but they must be able to take concepts and illustrations and port them into the unreal engine. Also the ability to take contructive criticism is a must as I can assure you that the levels will be worked and reworked to get the exact desired effects. I am looking at producing 4 maps for thet beta. 1 small one and 3 full ones.

Trackers 2:
One must be very fantasy oriented and orchestral.
The other should be very mechanical yet still have a good gothic base. I will ask that the songs be designed after the levels are produced.

Sound Engineers 1-2:
This game will require noises and effects to be made for: weapons, powerups, and a few other ods and ends. As far as voice acting goes I will be handling that for the most part although I might ask the sound enginner to port the sounds over and modify them slightly and there will be no voice acting in the beta release.

Texture art and Skinning
For the most part I will try and do this myself as we won't need a ton of custom textures for the beta but there will be a few skins created and after the beta release I might want to take on an extra skinner to help with the new elements.

Modelers 3:
1) One modeler for weapons and pickups. These models shoudln't be overly complicated so the position could require a less experienced individual.
2&3) will be working on the player models and the enemy models. These 2 positions should be regarded as intermediate to dificult as the animations for a couple will be slightly more complex than usual. That's right the modelers must be able to animate as well, but don't worry the beta wont' have 20 diffrent enemys. We are looking at 8 give or take one or two and 2 player models. so between two people the task shouldn't be to arduous.

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
The first bit of documentation is ready for anyone who wishes to view it? Its about the world and it's geographical regions. It also tells a bit about the people and I included a rought picture of the wold map. So again email, pm, or icq (53758530) me if you want to take a look at it!

PS- We also have a item modler and lite coder now. ^_^ hurahh

combitz

Common sense is not that common
May 1, 2000
U.K
combitz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
I got it.

How is this gonna work because I had the same idea a while back and started to play with the idea of ramdom spawns of enemy using the thing factory but couldn't get it to work. Then I thought of the timer and just gave up as I couldn't see myself being able to script so it ended dead there.

I'd like to know more:)

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Well, from what I can see in that pic you made.. this mod will be related to something about castles, or medeavil churches, somewhere in Europe, 1310.

I think. or possibly in the future, with medevil castles stuff..

The pic you made reminds me of the arches found in those churches in Paris (notre dame) really neat.. hope your project goes well, i'm a mapper, but i'm already contributing my 'skills' to a mod called Crusader (now going for Unreal 2) (i dont know **** about camera control and interpolation points, so there is another reason i dont apply for your mod).

About Crusader, the UT version was delayed for various reasons, that i dont want to mention here. Like you, i'm currently designing this next version, (i'm writing the documents and stuff). Hopefully everything will go as should.

Good luck with your mod.

later,
GRinGoLoCo

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Hey combits. Basically every pawn in the game is on a path and can't control it's own movment. However it can control its animation sequences. Then upon destruction the pawn does not continue to the next interpolation point. It's actually a lot more complicated then that but thats the basic run down.