New Game Modes for Infiltration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Spec Ops

1. First Team

Operatives:
- One Special Agent (lone worlf)
- Small Special Force Unit (Four members).

Armory:
- Equipped with one primary weapon: Sub Machine Gun, Assault/Battle Rifle, Carbine Rifle.
- Equipped with one secondry weapon: Sniper Rifle, Assault/Battle Rifle, Carbine Rifle, Shot Gun.
- Equipped with one sidegun: Pistol.

Attachments Allowed:
- Reflex sight.
- Scope sight.
- Flash light.
- Silencer.
- Laser.

Attachments Restricted:
- No grenade launcher.

Equipment:
- Frag grenade.
- Flash bang.
- Smoke grenade.
- Inceniary grenade.
- Claymore mine.
- Breaching charge.
- Night vision goggles.

Outfit:
- No protective vest.
- Boonie hat/rag/cap/balaklava/none.

Special Abilities:
- More stamina.

2. Opposite Team (the majority of players)

Operatives:
- Terrorists (Type 1)
- Insurgents (Type 2)
- Soldiers (Type 3)
- Merceneries (Type 4)

Armory:
- Equipped with one primary weapon: Sub Machine Gun, Assault/Battle Rifle, Carbine Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Machine Gun.
- Equipped with one sidearm: Pistol.

Attachments Allowed:
- Scope sight.
- Flash light.
- Underbarrel grenade launcher

Attachments Restricted:
- No reflex sight.
- No silencer.
- No laser

Type 1 (Terrorists)
Armory:
- AKM, AKMSU, AKM-LMG, Uzi.

Equipment:
- Frag grenade.

Outfit:
- No protective vest.
- Balaklava (cap)/none.

Special Abilities:
- None

Type 2 (Insurgents)
Armory:
- AKM, AKMSU, AKM-LMG, Uzi, G3A3, FN FAL.

Equipment:
- Frag grenade.

Outfit:
- No protective vest.
- Cap/rag/none.

Special Abilities:
- None

Type 3a (Soldiers 1)
Armory:
- AKM, AKMSU, AKM-LMG, Uzi, MP5, M16A2, M4A1, G3A3, FN FAL, M249SAW.

Equipment:
- Frag grenade.
- Claymore mine.

Outfit:
- No protective vest.
- Helmet/none.

Special Abilities:
- None

Type 3b (Soldiers 2)
Armory:
- AKM, AKMSU, AKM-LMG, Uzi.

Equipment:
- See "Type 3a (Soldier 1)"

Outfit:

Type 3c (Soldiers 3)
Armory:
- MP5, M16A2, M4A1, G3A3, FN FAL, M249SAW.

Equipment:

Outfit:

Type 4 (Mercenaries)
Armory:
- AKM, AKMSU, AKM-LMG, Uzi, MP5, M16A2, M4A1, G3A3, FN FAL, M249SAW.

Equipment:
- Frag grenade.
- Flash bang.
- Claymore mine.
- Breaching charge.

Outfit:
- No protective vest.
- Balaklava (cap, helmet)/helmet/rag/cap/none.

Special Abilities:
- None

Objectives
Maybe requires special maps, maybe just a modification of the existant.

Type 1 (Sabotage_Realistic):
- Sabotaging means planting a bomb, but not on a specific object, but in an area, to make the bomb planting possible.
- The agent/unit has to plant a bomb, retreat and fuse it (from a near distance). When the bomb exploded the agent/unit has to escape to a place/area only he/they know(s) (can be everywhere). The opposite team still have a chance to eliminate them and earn the agent/unit member status.

Type 2 (Sabotage_Simplified):
- Sabotaging means planting a bomb, but not on a specific object, but in an area, to make the bomb planting possible.
- The agent/unit has to plant a bomb, retreat and fuse it (from a distance of 20 meters). When the bomb exploded the round is over.

Type 3 (Informations):
- Stealing a CD, or documents. They should be an alarm system, that starts after about 20 or 30 seconds after the data was retreived (the agent/unit has skills to block the security system for a short time to gain time for escape).
- You have to escape and only you know where it is.
- When you play as a unit, at least one have to escape with the information.
- If the last man let the information laying and choses to escape, the round is a tie and the agent keeps his Agent/SF position (saving his life in real life = saving his position in this game). No shame when you have no chance to get the information back, life is more important, but if it is a situation where you could have get the information back, but was to cowardly to do so, no further penalty will occure, but your team mates will see you in another light. When you get killed later, you will play as the opposite team, but wont be able to gain an agent/SF unit member status by killing the agent/unit two times (third kill will allow you to become an agent/SF again).

Type 4 (Hostage Rescue):
- This is not the CQB type HR, but a spec ops thing, best played agains Terrorists and Insurgents, but can be a Soldier, Mercenary thing aswell (important person, informant).
- Hostag(es) can be one or two or more active ("intelligent") players.
- Hostage(es) have to be extraxted to the save zone.
- Hostage can be able to receive a sidearm from one of the rescuers (no ammo).
!Hostage specs and functions are explained at the end of the "Hostage Rescue" section!

Camouflage

Agent/SF:
- Effective (night/dark = black in urban, green in woods. Other effective cammos too).

Opposite Team:
- Standart or random. Just some military cammos, not really effective, but fit to the location.

Team Switching
One Special Agent (lone wolf):
- Who kill the agent will be the agent next round.

The Special Force Unit:
- Enough people with the most frags (killing SF's) will play as an SF member next round.
- Maybe a voting thing.

Locations (Maps)
I'm not sure if the standart maps are good enough, maybe some. Some new, more complex maps would be good.

Hostage Rescue

1. SF-HRT (Special Forces - Hostage Rescue Team)

Operatives:
- Four or Six Special Forces Members (CQB)

Armory:
- Equipped with one primary weapon: Sub Machine Gun, Assault/Battle Rifle, Carbine Rifle, Shot Gun.
- Equipped with one secondry weapon: Shot Gun.
- Equipped with one sidegun: Pistol.

Attachments Allowed:
- Reflex sight.
- Scope sight.
- Flash light.
- Silencer.
- Laser.

Attachments Restricted:
- No grenade launcher.

Equipment:
- Flash bang.
- Smoke grenade.
- Inceniary grenade.
- Breaching charge.
- Night vision goggles.

Outfit:
- Level-3 tactical vest.
- Balaklava (helmet)/helmet.

Camouflage:
- Black, green.
- Other cool looking cammos.

Special Abilities:
- Good stamina conditions.

2. Terrorists (the majority of players)

Operatives:
- Terrorists

Armory:
- Equipped with one primary weapon: Sub Machine Gun, Assault Rifle, Carbine Rifle (AKM, AKMSU, Uzi, MP5, G3A3, FN FAL).
- Equipped with one sidearm: Pistol.

Attachments Allowed:
- None.

Outfit:
- No protective vest.
- Can have a Level-2 vest.
- Balaklava (cap)/none.

Camouflage:
- Just woodland military cammos (can be various different cammos at the same time).

Special Abilities:
- None

3. Hostage

Operatives:
- Hostage (one, or more)

Armory:
- None.

Outfit:
- Some new custom skin better.

Special Abilities:
- Faster proning and standing up ability.
- Can communicate with the SF's, like saying "Need Backup", "Enemy Spotted".

Objectives

Hostage Rescue (Terrorist Elimination):
- The SF-HRT have to breach a building and rescue the hostage(es).
- Priority is to rescue the hostage.
- Second task is to additionally neutralize all terrorists. Will be awarded with no team switch, your team can replay as the SF-HRT unit.
- Moving alone to far away from the team will punish you with two rounds terrorist play.
- Moving away from your team with backup (at least two men) works like a tactical team split and you have not to expect punishment.

- When all hostages are down the round is not over, the SF-HRT team still have to fight for survival and have to retreat anyway. The terrorists still "want" to kill all the SF's.
- Every round teams switch, the best terrorist players fill out the SF-HRT. Rescuing the hostage(es) AND eliminating all terrorists will award the SF-HRT, they can keep beeing SF's.

Hostage Function & Behavior
- A hostage is always a human player.
- A hostage can't be killed by the terrorists at the beginning. Once the SF-HRT gets close to the hostage (few meters), the terrorists can not only kill the SF's but also the hostage(es).
- A hostage player have to support the SF's by going to crouch, or prone during firefights and not beeing stupid like moving out before the SF's cleared the room/location.
- A hostage can communicate with the SF's, like saying "Need Backup", "Enemy Spotted".

--------------

Maybe I will suggest some other game mods later.

Last edited:

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Uhm, I could now start typing ages on what may not work in your objectives and stuff. I dont feel like doing so very much, so just some examples, most referring to the rescue game mode...less scrolling. Hope this will make you think more about these (kind of) suggestions.

To start with I dont think the both sides are balanced, so I expect ppl to leave when they have to play the worse equiped side, I clearly remember ppl not playing/ whining when they didnt get their reflex sight due to any wp problems ... .

Psychomorph said:
Spec Ops
Objectives

Hostage Rescue (Terrorist Elimination):
- The SF-HRT have to breach a building and rescue the hostage(es).
- Priority is to rescue the hostage.
- Second task is to additionally neutralize all terrorists. Will be awarded with no team switch, your team can replay as the SF-HRT unit.
- Moving alone to far away from the team will punish you with two rounds terrorist play.
- Moving away from your team with backup (at least two men) works like a tactical team split and you have not to expect punishment.

- When all hostages are down the round is not over, the SF-HRT team still have to fight for survival and have to retreat anyway. The terrorists still "want" to kill all the SF's.
- Every round teams switch, the best terrorist players fill out the SF-HRT. Rescuing the hostage(es) AND eliminating all terrorists will award the SF-HRT, they can keep beeing SF's.

Breach a building..does that mean the hostage has to wait like 5 minutes to start playing? (Would require new maps for this gamemode btw.)

Moving alone ...gets you punished. What happens if one of a two man team is killed? What happens to backup snipers? What happens with one player only left?

Psychomorph said:
Hostage Function & Behavior
- A hostage is always a human player.
- A hostage can't be killed by the terrorists at the beginning. Once the SF-HRT gets close to the hostage (few meters), the terrorists can not only kill the SF's but also the hostage(es).
- A hostage player have to support the SF's by going to crouch, or prone during firefights and not beeing stupid like moving out before the SF's cleared the room/location.
- A hostage can communicate with the SF's, like saying "Need Backup", "Enemy Spotted".

As said further up...does that require the hostage to wait alot? What happens if the hostage leaves/ gets a disconnect....?
If the hostage is not caught (so can move freely from start), so he can do something from the beginning, what will keep the hostage from staying away from the SF team so he/she cannot be killed?

And so on. I would really enjoy new game modes, specially random ones with more realistic objectives than capping a flag/cd all the time. But you need to take a closer look at the *rules* what can be abused by players ... .

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
- Lich - said:
To start with I dont think the both sides are balanced, so I expect ppl to leave when they have to play the worse equiped side, I clearly remember ppl not playing/ whining when they didnt get their reflex sight due to any wp problems ... .
Who will complain because he can't use his reflex sight, is probably wrong there.
Note this are role playing game types, not "take what gun's there". You either play a role of an SF team, a special agent, or some opposite forces.

The unequal teams actually should make it harder to the better equipped SF's to make them play more tactical/strategical/careful. Equal "teams" are hardly presented in such situations.

I know not everything can be controlled perfectly, but maybe it is still possible to create a fairly playable game type.

- Lich - said:
Breach a building..does that mean the hostage has to wait like 5 minutes to start playing? (Would require new maps for this gamemode btw.)

Moving alone ...gets you punished. What happens if one of a two man team is killed? What happens to backup snipers? What happens with one player only left?
New maps would be good, but I think especially the HR game type would play better with normal maps than SpecOps would.
Of course it have to be a smaller maps with just a building, or few close buildings. Even if it is a larger map, the core location would be the hostage location.

The punishment would work when you move away from your team only, when you stay alone it would be different, and it doesn't mean moving away for 8 meters and pun, but like beeing on the other half of the map without reason, which is misbehavior.

I thought about snipers too. Of course a sniper (or two if player count allows) can be, but snipers aren't always necessary (depends on map).
Loadout would be: Boonie hat, no vest, sniper rifle, sidegun, smoke grenade.

If one player left on the terror side, than the game can be easily end by rescuing the hostage. If hostage dead and one terror left, the SF's can end the round by eliminating him, or when the terror is hidden simply moving back to the extraction zone.

If one SF is left, than he probably has to retreat and end the round.

- Lich - said:
As said further up...does that require the hostage to wait alot? What happens if the hostage leaves/ gets a disconnect....?
If the hostage is not caught (so can move freely from start), so he can do something from the beginning, what will keep the hostage from staying away from the SF team so he/she cannot be killed?

And so on. I would really enjoy new game modes, specially random ones with more realistic objectives than capping a flag/cd all the time. But you need to take a closer look at the *rules* what can be abused by players ... .
Since it is a fast CQB HR game type the hostage would not wait 5 min, at most 1 min maybe.

Hostage 0 = round is a tie. Fox hunt matches are ties if the fox disconnects too.

At the beginning the hostage is in terrorist hands and can't be killed by a terrorist (would mess up stuff). Once an SF comes close, the hostage is free and is free to be killed by terrorists.
To keep hostages in place the terrors have to take a look on it of course. Like the flag range area, they can be a hostage range area, when terrors can't take the look on it and the hostage escapes it unfortunally leaves the "save" hostage area and is free to be killed by the terrorists (for trying to escape).
If the hostage was killed, the team can either retreat, or hunt down the terrorists.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
I think the teams should be as follows:

Western Vs Eastern mercenaries with either;

* Different camo and load-bearing equipment, but everyone selects from the same pool of weapon, just like now.

or

* Ditto for uniforms but there's team-specific weapons that you select and start with beforehand. You can still pick up enemy weapons though.

As for maps, I'd like to see some dynamic spawns and optional objectives that change the flow of gameplay. Some map objectives would lend themselves to limited respawns, others would be better suited to the "die and sit out the rest of the round." styles.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@Crowze:
I think the SF-HRT game mode is closer to reality than to CS.

It is sad to see how powerful CS is in peoples minds. If I hear about a hostage rescueing mode I think about how that could be in reality, not how close it is to CS.
R6 had the hostage rescuing situation earlier. If you would compare it to R6 instead to CS I would be more happy.

@OICW:
Yeah, that's actually the real "infantry" game mode I always wanted for INF.

Infantry

Style:
- It would work very good with the west vs. east thing.

Armory:
- One team has western weapons, the other AK types.
- Sideguns are only given to snipers.
- Rocket launchers available.
- No flashbangs.

Objective 1 (Operation "Supperiority"):
- The task would be to dominate/capture strategic military areas on the battlefield, to push the enemy back and gain the supperiority.

Settings_Obejective 1:
- This mode would have respawns (alot and alot faster than EAS).
- Respawns are limitted. The team that runs out of respawns (to much casualties) has to retreat even if they are dominating, which simply means the other team gains supperiority again and pushes the dominating team back and wins wile the losers retreat (retreat = no respawn = no new units send into battle = lose).
- If a team runs out of respawns, it loses the match when 50% of the players are dead.
- If one team runs out of respawns, the other gains "unlimitted" respawns (simulates the wining side, it would be weird if the few respawnless team members would wipe out the supperiors). Because the respawns are an important part of the gameplay, players have to play carefully and not just rush around knowing they'll respawn after few seconds. Even though, they are many respawns (maybe 10, maybe more).

- The map has three or two zones. The army that dominates them all (moving into them in a row) wins.
- Respawns occure near the own team, so you get into battle fast.

Objective 2 (Operation "Destruction"):
- One army are attackers, the other defenders.
- The task would be to get into the enemy lines and destroy a to both teams known strategical military object (by rocket launcher or bomb).

Settings_Obejective 2:
- Same respawn behavior.
- Respawns occure near the own team, so you get into battle fast.
- If object destroyed the team wins. The round doesn't automatically end, the battle still continues for some seconds, 10 or 20 seconds (chance to own the rocket launcher dude for revenge), but since the strategical objective is completed and the game is not about dominating the area, the attackers win, even if their whole team gets eliminated after the target is down.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Just a thought... but with the amount of active coders left in this community and the amount of active mappers...

... what's the point in suggesting all this if you can't and/or won't do it yourself.

The task would be to dominate/capture strategic military areas on the battlefield, to push the enemy back and gain the supperiority.

Sounds like a fancy description of TDM, but with respawns. BF 2 anyone :p

The problem is more "how do you create a game mode to avoid the aberations seen in other so-called military fps".

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Or Fortitude even. The problem is, you are describing far more than a mere gametype upgrade. It would need an overhaul of the loadout, bulk, movement and menu systems, at which point you might as well make your own TC. It also seems to me that you are overcomplicating things - most of what you describe in multiple gametypes can easily be done with a single flexible system. Kind of like what EAS should be.

Last edited:

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Im almost sure it has been suggested (not sure) but what about a mixed EAS DTAS game mode ? :)

-Flag is a laptop wich spawns randomly on a map.
-Random extraction point to cap in DTAS style.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
How about EAS that uses random elements?

But you know what's the worst thing? That gametype, mix of EAS and DTAS exists! It's called (you'd better hold on, you won't believe it): EAS.

It's only a question of making maps that "exploit" all the posibilities of this very flexible gametype. Except with the fixed weapon classes (and even then, with a mutator you could achieve it), you could do all what psychomorph suggests. Remove the fixed weapon class, I pretty sure all could be done with EAS.

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Psycho, i wish you were a coder too. I'm sure we would all be followers of your endeavors!
Also, i just want to say i respect your thoroughness.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Psychomorph said:
I thought about snipers too. Of course a sniper (or two if player count allows) can be, but snipers aren't always necessary (depends on map).

You did not really get what I was trying to achieve with my post , do you?

I do not care one little tiny peace about the rules (or the loadout of a sniper). I wanted to show you that you did not think about some points in your rules enough. That there are much to many ways to abuse certain stuff. If things like that are possible within your game, you WILL have some ppl abuse it, and this will make is more cs like. From the feeling playing it. When you want a realistic game you must take care of this. When you want to improve your stuff you will have to think like a person that wants to do everything possible to win. And then fill these *abuse* holes.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
geogob said:
How about EAS that uses random elements?

But you know what's the worst thing? That gametype, mix of EAS and DTAS exists! It's called (you'd better hold on, you won't believe it): EAS.

It's only a question of making maps that "exploit" all the posibilities of this very flexible gametype. Except with the fixed weapon classes (and even then, with a mutator you could achieve it), you could do all what psychomorph suggests. Remove the fixed weapon class, I pretty sure all could be done with EAS.

Do yo mean EAS has a random laptop spawn feature ??
What's "fixed weapon class" and it's problem ?

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Lemon.fr said:
Do yo mean EAS has a random laptop spawn feature ??
What's "fixed weapon class" and it's problem ?

Well, if you have a look on Mostar, you might realize it has a random location where the helo crashes. So you EAS can have random objects, now we just need a mapper to build maps like that.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Although i understand why it is so, it's not practical that a mapper has to map the random events. It would be better if parts of / entire maps could be randomized on the spot. This ofcourse would require much calculation, scan for dead ends etc.

ot: Hey FM, hope to see you online in Inf sometime. Surely you still have Inf installed! Anyway, i'm not online much anymore, but sometimes i make time to play. ;)

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
- Lich - said:
Well, if you have a look on Mostar, you might realize it has a random location where the helo crashes. So you EAS can have random objects, now we just need a mapper to build maps like that.

So thats why i was talking about mixed DTAS EAS...
DTAS works on all maps.