New 40mms

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Just played with it on the Catch-22 server. The smoke and sound effects were very nice, but it seemed to create some minor lag-spikes(roughly the same lag effect as a few minimi gunners shooting through walls on frozen has). Good job.

[C22]-Acolyte

Ai kotoba afuro to gunsou!
Jan 20, 2002
INF-land
Visit site
If you have a HEDP only loadout you start with an empty M203 (didn't test HK69)

Gotta love this new mutie. If only the MP rounds had a bulk of 1 :p *sigh*

Oh btw. Could you do a mutie that lets you change the default weapon modes for different weapons and lets you choose what type of nade do you have in your launcher (if you have multiple type that is)?

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
Hey, I installed it, as per the readme.txt and even added the lines in the inflitration.ini, still, the new grenades do not work, but they appear in the loadout menu.
anything anyone wishes to say?

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
A smallish bug : since this mutator, every M16 dropped to the ground is a M16+M203 one, even if the player was actually using a bare M16.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
The M16 seems to have some problems. It seems to have the lowest priority of any weapon (eg, if you have an M16 and an M9 in your loadout, you will spawn holding the M9).

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Arethusa said:
The M16 seems to have some problems. It seems to have the lowest priority of any weapon (eg, if you have an M16 and an M9 in your loadout, you will spawn holding the M9).
This is due to the m16 being a 'new' weapon. You may be able to change the selection priority somewhere in the ini.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
yurch said:
I've decided to keep them at 2 bulk. You can carry far too many otherwise.

I'm calling this release 1.
Features a 'smart' ammo selector and numerous small fixes too small to be of mention.

Do you consider this release as the final one ?

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Hey Yurchy any progress on this? I'm looking forward to realistic smoke instead of the thick black clouds that are impossible to see through that slowly dissapate then suddenly dissapear. I have a suggestion. Limit the distance that fragments fly straight up. These fragments are not really useful as they won't ever hit anything other than the sky and they take up resources to simulate.

Good job. I am very pleased with the new grenades.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
jayhova said:
Limit the distance that fragments fly straight up. These fragments are not really useful as they won't ever hit anything other than the sky and they take up resources to simulate.
What if you're throwing grenades indoors and you're trying to kill someone through the ceiling (assuming the ceiling is thin enoug for the shrap to go through)? What if someone is standing on a wooden ramp and you through a 'nade under it? This could be an issue with any thin over-hanging surfaces that people might walk on. IMO, yurch's grenades are allready much less rescource intensive than the vanilla grenades (they don't even cause lag on my crappy comp) and its not worth risking potential issues.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Gnam said:
What if you're throwing grenades indoors and you're trying to kill someone through the ceiling (assuming the ceiling is thin enoug for the shrap to go through)? What if someone is standing on a wooden ramp and you through a 'nade under it? This could be an issue with any thin over-hanging surfaces that people might walk on. IMO, yurch's grenades are allready much less rescource intensive than the vanilla grenades (they don't even cause lag on my crappy comp) and its not worth risking potential issues.

He said "limit" the distance, not "eliminate." ;)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
geogob said:
on another note... the m67 can be thrown much too far imo. this could perhaps be fixed in a future release.
I strongly disagree. The m67 weighs less than 1 pound! I can throw a 1 lb ball 250 ft. Granted, most soldiers can't throw as well as I can, but the m67 still isn't very heavy.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Most people CAN'Tthrow a grenade anywhere near 250'. Grenades are hard to hold (there not round balls but shaped and have bits that have to be securely held in place until thrown) and hard to place accurately. Grenade spamming in INF only works because the maps restrict where people can be (and we all know those places) and flak-genades cause far too must shrapnel damage at range compared to a real grenade.

IRL if your throwing a grenade much over 100' your throwing it too far.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
speaking of which why didnt the USA just make grenades like the germans had in WW2? It would seem you could lob em farther with the stick attached to them.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
they take up more space and weigh more, remember the handles were wood {ie Bulk too high}[i also beleive the stick being attached to the grenade armed it???which would take more time to ready than pulling a simple pin]. Although they could make the handles out of say carbonfiber these days, youd have a $875 handle on sumthin that your gonna throw away from you to blow up, doesnt make much sense does it NT? ;P

The size of modern handgrenades lends itself to carrying MORE of them in LESS space, therefore most dont see the need to use the stick grenades.
I'd also imagine that there is some kinda specific mathematical physics equation that would in all probability prove that a long handled hand grenade will probably fly les further than a round one, due to wind resistance, wobble etc {only assuming}

Last edited:

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Tiffy said:
Most people CAN'Tthrow a grenade anywhere near 250'. Grenades are hard to hold (there not round balls but shaped and have bits that have to be securely held in place until thrown) and hard to place accurately. Grenade spamming in INF only works because the maps restrict where people can be (and we all know those places) and flak-genades cause far too must shrapnel damage at range compared to a real grenade.

IRL if your throwing a grenade much over 100' your throwing it too far.
I know you know your ****, but I find it hard to believe that the spoon and hinge on the grenade magically cause it to travel 150 ft less. I don't see any reason why I can't pull the pin while firmly gripping the nade (and holding down the spoon), and then chuck the hell out of it.

However in practical terms--meaning that I want the grenade to kill someone; I want the grenade to explode at about ground level. If I throw it at a 45 degree angle, the farthest I can throw it and still get it to come back to the ground before exploding is 201' 1.5" (ok, a little less cuz of air resistance).

Grunt11Bravo

[AFA6]
Dec 20, 2001
US-Michigan
keihaswarrior said:
I know you know your ****, but I find it hard to believe that the spoon and hinge on the grenade magically cause it to travel 150 ft less. I don't see any reason why I can't pull the pin while firmly gripping the nade (and holding down the spoon), and then chuck the hell out of it.

However in practical terms--meaning that I want the grenade to kill someone; I want the grenade to explode at about ground level. If I throw it at a 45 degree angle, the farthest I can throw it and still get it to come back to the ground before exploding is 201' 1.5" (ok, a little less cuz of air resistance).

Not taking into account your webgear, your flak vest, your rifle, your helmet and everything else hanging off your body, the M67 is just an awkward thing to throw. You can't get a good "baseball" grip on it. Plus with a fuze of 3-5 seconds, your grenade may detonate before it even reaches 201'.

Any drill sergeant will tell you that if you "chuck the hell out ot it", you'll have a messed up throwing arm in a hurry.

Oh and Tiffy's right, if you're throwing it more than 100', you're throwing it too far. ;)

Last edited:

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
I was noticing that the flash on the grenades was not very bright. I was talking with a buddy of mine who fired the m204 in training and got it through the door of the portable office they were using as a target. He recounted that the flash was really bright and liteup the inside of the target completely. He also recounted that even though the grenade went off inside the inclosed building very litte smoke came out and what smoke did comeout was white.

Is it possible to up the brightness of both grenades?