Never...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Your boss's boss is an idiot. I deal with idiots all day long. Executives who got their jobs by knowing the right people, not having the right knowledge.

My boss's boss wants me to build aeronautical charts with Adobe Illustrator by somehow finding secret government aeronautical data somewhere on the internet. All we have to do is ask for the data because we have a government contract, but that's too easy. They also don't understand that Adobe Illustrator isn't designed for making complex charts. We do things the retarded way here and we like it.

you should watch The IT Crowd... sounds just like that!

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
My boss told me today that I'm going into partial unemployment. It shouldn't affect how much I get per month (a miserly 1000+ euros/month) but it's a pain nonetheless. I think I've had it when it comes to the job market here. Don't know if I'm going to go through two years to get a master's degree or just bugger off.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I used to be the senior network engineer at a small I.T. firm. When I say small, I mean less than 10 persons in the company total. Well, three Fridays ago I was informed that the company had made a bad business decision and was out of money as a result. Myself and all the other non-executives were terminated without cause. Now the company is being run solely by three people; the owner (President, CEO) his wife (CFO) and their executive VP. Sucks to be them.

So now I'm self-employed again and loving it :D

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Was hired for an apprentice position to learn how to operate various presses
I averaged about 2 hours of training a week, all because the jackass running the pinch press area all but refused to actually train me.
I spent more time hand-assembling the pieces the punches made instead of actually operating said punches(assembly and pinch press areas were on opposite sides of the plant)

Then before I get let go I get told by the press manager I wasn't doing very well in my training... This is after repeated comments to him that I didn't feel like I was getting the training I was supposed to.

The bitch running assembly was just as much fun. Her english was horrible and just about every project she put me on she didn't even half-ass telling me what was supposed to be done followed by bitching that I wasn't doing it right

The real fun was sending pieces through an automated tolerances machine with the bitch actually telling me she wasn't sure how to do it, so I was guessing for 5-6 hours, barely making progress until the night-shift apprentice told me what to look for.
The next morning I got bitched at by the manager of the entire plant for the slow progress at which point I informed him that the assembly manager didn't even know how to perform the test and that it took advice from the night-shift apprentice for me to get it figured out

With all the BS I had to put up with and all the BS I was informed about by the night-shift, I'm surprised that place managed to stay in business

Oh yea, it seems the only white people at that place were either in the offices or the machinists. Everywhere else you pretty much had to speak spanish or there was almost no possibility of communication outside of playing charades.

Last edited:

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Well, I've been told that I shouldn't put up with what I do, but honestly, it IS part of my job, and I knew what I was getting into when I signed up.

The biggest headache is being the only person on call 24/7 for pretty much ANY issue. I work at a newspaper (I'm the systems manager), and our press is running all night, typically up to around noon. My office hours are 8-5, and I really need to be there because of all the little things that crop up, not to mention all my other responsibilities. Thankfully, some of those have been loaded off to the department they used to belong to, so I'm not quite as stressed as I was.

One constant headache is dealing with idiot vendors who call incessantly trying to get us to try their products. I tell them to e-mail me a brochure and price quotes, and if they refuse, I tell them then they won't have a chance at getting my business. If I can't handle it on my time then it isn't WORTH my time.

I work at all hours, take calls at any hour, don't sleep much during the weeks, and occasionally get frustrated supporting the staff... but I love the job. It's all worth it. Plus, I get to see my name in the paper every day.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
That's a damned good wage here if that's after tax & it's p good before tbfh.

No idea if it's comparable. This is actually one of the lowest salaries and the average working adult average would be closer to 1K4 netto. Taxes are each end of year and steep. More details here:

http://www.belgium.be/en/work/gross_salary_net_salary/ (salary calculation)
http://www.langlophone.com/fullbn.php?id=419 (employment)
http://www.expatica.com/be/finance_business/tax/taxation-in-belgium-8618_8286.html (taxes)

Also, is this chart nonsense?

http://www.fedee.com/minwage.html

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I think I'm going to be able to convince the VP of my company to let me work from home so I don't have to deal with retards anymore. That way I can focus on college instead of that silly place. Working there makes me wish I never decided to go back to college and kept my good paying job instead. That's not a good thing at all.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
How much is that in USA dollars?
I make $600.00 a day USA.

Like times 1.4 (the job is analyst-programmer). This is sure making me look like an ungrateful git. How much do you pay for rent, food, travel, etc?

In passing, 600-800 euros is what someone unemployed would get and is close to the vital minimum (renting a small appartement can cost 400-600 euros). Perhaps we're comparing apples and oranges here.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Like times 1.4 and job is analyst-programmer. This is making me look like an ungrateful git. How much do you pay for rent, food, travel, etc?

Wasn't your figure per month, whereas BITE_ME's is per day, and therefore more in a week than you make in a month? Your figure seems a bit low for an analyst programmer. That's what I do too, and BITE_ME's income is at least three times mine after tax.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Yes, this is per month. This is according to an Activa plan (government employment aid). Potentially an analyst-programmer can make a more than decent living so I guess I should work on my soft skills :)

Last edited:

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
£871 isnt much for a full time job, it certainly aint double. I get around £500 and I only work part time as a travel agent!

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Ain't double what? I only said it was double to what I earn. £871 is a reasonable full time wage post tax. About the average if you're in retail. And very reasonable unemployment pay. It's £180 a month unemployment pay here if I'm not mistaken...?