Networking two computers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Here is another moderator of another tech forums:
andyOCZ- Who are you? Who who who who? says:
it is not impossible for the LAN ports to switch aytomatically

SW, you are guilty of everything you accuse me of, #1 being not being man enough to admit when your wrong!
If I`m able to do it and repeat it several times with diffrent boxxes and others say it`s possible as well, then it`s possible and your wrong. Be man enough to admit it.

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
dude.. please wait until I get home..

this is going to be so good.. !!!! I will be posting this on the other forum.

EVERYBODY please get your cameras ready..

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Dude, you`re burned soo bad, you don`t even know it!! :lol:
Now your saying two networking moderators on two different tech forums, one of your own picking, are both wrong and you want to involve yet another forums??? Why?? to prove to those people too how ridiculous you can be?!!

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
You know what?? With all your bad/wrong tech advice, and all the wrong networking answers you give, when combined with the arrogance of your sig just proves how ignorant you are!!! :lol:

SpiritWalker

Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
be patient tard boy, It will hit you in the face soon enough..... I will be making my ownage post at approximately 10:15pm EST....

and it shall be nice.

but if you want to save face.. you can just blow your head off right now....

buy a networking dictionary before you do so you will realize your folly.

all kidding aside...

this is going to be a great post!!!!

Last edited:

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Don`t be a dick, I can do it as can others, over and over again, with several diffrent boxxes, if I can do it this easly, how freakin dumb are you going to look when it turns out I`m right!??

SpiritWalker

Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
/me cracks knuckles…..
Ok, this is where it starts..
Goofball said
“If it`s just files between the two XP machines you want to transfer back and forth, I am able to do that with just a reg LAN cable between the two computer`s LAN ports, as long as both machines are set to share.”

That is NOT correct. Did I stutter???
The area that you are wrong is that you said “as long as both machines are set to share.” That is NOT correct. You will still have to ensure that there is connectivity between the computers. This is technicially done by using APIP, which is built into windows 98+ (I actually thought that is didn’t start until 2K but I was wrong there, seeing as how I never depend on it) APIP =Automatic Private IP Addressing Which basically means that if a computer running MS OSs does not reach a DHCP server, APIP uses a predetermined IP range and subnet (IP address range is 169.254.0.1 through 169.254.255.254 and the subnet is 255.255.0.0) That range is reserved specifically for microsoft. But the goofy part is that you can use WHAT EVER IP range that you want, being thatyou are on a private network you can use a 172 is you want or a 10., anything.. just doesn’t matter. But it has been my experience that this never works properly.

Another error is that goofball said that he can do this with a regular e-net cable.. WRONGO bucko… While I have only heard of higher end cards that will do their own switching, they are NOT common on the end user level. And I n 7+ years have never used one. And I have been able to find only 1 person that has heard of the type of card that Rukee says that he has. If Rukee has those cards it’s just that he was sold way more than he needed. I would like to see the make and model of the cards that Goofball has in his computers.

IS IT POSSIBLE??? SURE,
(though 20 different people that I work with have never used one, and only one has even heard of it)
IS IT LIKELY??? NOT FOR HIM

So was I wrong? In a sense of the word as 1 out of 20 people have only ever heard of an auto switching card, and that one said that it’s not the best idea in the world money wise or other due to packet latency/collision.

SpiritWalker

Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
I was going to give a very nice class in networking but .. ehhhh no big deal, trying to teach Rukee something is like booing a special olympics kid.

They don't understand it and it makes you look like a tard.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
SpiritWalker said:
ermm how the hell was I owned by you?
I don`t care if only one person you know knows about the LAN cards or not. I don`t care if no-one you know knows about them!! I have one and it works just as easly as I stated, I know of one other person on these forums that has one too.
They are built into most any newer motherboard, it`s not majic!!
Too bad you don`t have a friend with just some basic networking skills you could ask for just some basic starters to get you going.
Grow some gawd damn balls and a back bone to be man enough and stand up and say you leaned something new and stop being an ass!!

SpiritWalker

Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
so, as I asked, what are the makes and models?

I learned nothing from you, and I could care less if you think I am an ass. In fact I find it greatly hysterical, that you are so foolish.

btw... I told you to to read my post VERY carefully.

And if you can have APIP to work for you that cool.. most people I know, it won't work for.

so stop your whining little man..
You didn't own me at all, you couldn't owe a slave in the 1800, let alone Me.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
And you know what?? You could write any flame post you wanted, look like a big baby crying, kicking and screaming...but it`s not going to change the fact I can do exactly what I say I can do just as easly as I say I can do it. look, I`m transfering files right now!!!
Your ass was pwned!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.