My new FPS site!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

flippe

Oct 14, 2005
Hey guys, I'm new to thses forums, but I wanted to drop in the word that I''m currently working on an FPS portal site which is designed to bring many FPS games into one site. I hoping to see a little activity within a week or so, so I can at least know the site is attracting people. Please check out my site at: http://flippe.roxr.com.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Hi flippe. Welcome to BeyondUnreal :)

The site looks good at first glance. I wish you the best of luck with it. However, I'm currently already involved in 5 or 6 different forums, so I'm not going to keep checking it. Just keep things administrated decently and start a few interesting threads, and you'll attract a good number of people. Spreading the word like you're doing now is a good idea as well :)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
spam.gif

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I would normally delete such threads, I mean.. you wouldn't run into a Toyota dealership and say "hey, come check out my Hondas"....

...but I have to ask a question.

Why are people going to visit your site? What are you going to do that isn't already done better by 10 other sites?

I'm not putting you down... it's always nice to have more sites around... but, unless you're just trying to practice web page building, there's not much point. You need to find a niche and fill it. Do something in some way that nobody else does. Or find something that someone else does - and do it better! Otherwise... you're wasting your time.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh, but it's the reality of the situation. Ask yourself this question... there are millions of websites out there... why do you visit the ones that you visit? Because they are websites? No. Because they have a purpose and fill some need.

Just something to think about...

flippe

Oct 14, 2005
Well if I recall, the people who created Beyond Unreal were already part of Planet Unreal, but they broke off and came here. So why make Beyond Unreal, if a Planet Unreal had already existed which is the same damn thing?
In my mind QAPete did the same thing with Beyond Unreal as I'm doing now for my site, yet you're on Beyond Unreal now, and Beyond Unreal is a thriving site. So why criticize a new site that is trying a similar technique that the site you're currently on had tried and was successful with?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
flippe said:
Well if I recall, the people who created Beyond Unreal were already part of Planet Unreal, but they broke off and came here. So why make Beyond Unreal, if a Planet Unreal had already existed which is the same damn thing?
In my mind QAPete did the same thing with Beyond Unreal as I'm doing now for my site, yet you're on Beyond Unreal now, and Beyond Unreal is a thriving site. So why criticize a new site that is trying a similar technique that the site you're currently on had tried and was successful with?
BU would still be PU if it weren't for Gamespy pretty much ****ing everyone involved and doing things the staff didn't want to do.

We didn't "Break off" from PU - we WERE PU. And then we left and they got new staff. And that's why they're in second place... if that. :)

He's also not criticizing your site, this is his standard response.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
flippe said:
hal said:
Or find something that someone else does - and do it better!

Archon

I posted in the RO-me thread and all I got was a p
Jan 9, 2005
(.)(.)
Because of Raffi_B, DP, and others who have helped this sight it makes this site pwn the rest.

Like what Hal said find something noone else has done and if someone else is doing that, beat them at it.

Nice site btw :)

EDIT: Omg i just noticed that i just said nothing :(

Last edited:

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
Have a look at planet battlefield if you want to see how a website that performs exactly the same function as this one on paper; can be a totally different environment altogether.