My intro + Nali Weapons II X

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Improve the skins? I thought they looked really good. You can see the wires on the shock rifle. I think that weapon causes the most slowdown, but it's effects are so awsome.

Bot support is lacking without unlimited ammo though. Bots use up their starting weapon's ammo in under 5 seconds and half of them are always chasing eachother with hammers. The base gun could use an ammo tweak. Or force bots to prefure first fire mode over second, they also treat the minigun the same way so it feels more like a grenade launcher.

They handle the other weapons pretty good, cept the mine launcher, but im almost as stupid with that too.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Improve the skins? I thought they looked really good. You can see the wires on the shock rifle. I think that weapon causes the most slowdown, but it's effects are so awsome.
Thanks, but for me some skins are not exactly like I wanted to, as some effects.
About the BoltRifle, this is actually one of the weapons with lowest polycount of the pack. Maybe the highest polycount weapon is my Nuclear Launcher, and it also has the most detailed skins, but still, you only see all the polys in first person only, while in the pickup view they are tweakable from the mod menu (which by default are set to minimum, so you will only see every poly when you are really close to the weapon, and with the distance it will render less polys, to keep the performance up.
Also none of these weapons are really that high poly, the max I added to make a weapon is maybe around 1.800 to 2.000 polys, and the lowest might be around 400 or 600 polys, so I didn't make really detailed weapons to be honest (since the game is old, and these were the first weapons I modelled in my life).

Bot support is lacking without unlimited ammo though. Bots use up their starting weapon's ammo in under 5 seconds and half of them are always chasing eachother with hammers. The base gun could use an ammo tweak. Or force bots to prefure first fire mode over second, they also treat the minigun the same way so it feels more like a grenade launcher.

They handle the other weapons pretty good, cept the mine launcher, but im almost as stupid with that too.
Yes, I agree. I have to enhance the bot support in the final version, as making some ammo tweaks :)

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
The flamethrower sucks ammo super fast as well. I love using that weapon but it doesn't last long. Compared to the bolt rifle which lasts quite a while. The freeze gun could hold at least 200 rounds cause it's more like a minigun.

It wouldn't be very possible to get bots to use the miner more smartly would it? That's unlike any weapon I've seen so it's really tricky to use properly.