MX518 issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Hi guys, I'm having a small problem with my mouse that I can't seem to fix. My Mouse4 and Mouse5 buttons don't seem to stick. When I press the button and hold it down, the button fires and 'defires'. For example: I play CoD4 and there you can hold a grenade before you actually throw it away. I cannot do that any more, I immediately throw the grenade away (and flashed myself in the face a few times).

Some details: I run Vista, have installed SetPoint v4.60.122 and on top of that UberOptions. (a hack that allows you to reassign any button for anything) I succesfully ran this setup on XP before and everything ran fine.

I can't find any info on the matter. Can anyone help me out? (preferably other than the usual: reinstall drivers and see if it fixes it. That's a workaround, I would like a fix. :))

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
It's quite possible the microswitch buttons themselves are wearing out, although that probably isn't what happened if it showed up suddenly, and both at once. I've never used the M51x series of mice, so I don't have SetPoint to mess around with, so I don't know what on the software side could be causing this.