Multiplayer Strategies

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smint

Nov 14, 1999
California
I need help on multiplayer strategies, especailly deathmatch. I always shoot someone but usually i die first. Can anyone help?

Clock

Nov 12, 1999
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Visit site
Thats why I don't spend time in Deathmatch and reside i co-op servers instead.

bullet2.gif

Clock
Unreal, Heretic II, Hexen II

The thoughtless are rarely wordless

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Think were your opponent is going..put yourself in his place.

Anticipate..anticipate.. in your moves and were you are aiming (aim in front/ahead of your opponent).

Don't go were your oppopnent thinks you are going.

I am not bragging ..and I am not a top fragger.. but have played the best and they have trouble killing me because of this type strategy.

This kind of strategy wont get you a lot of frags ..but it will keep you alive..too bad the score menu doesn't represent this type of achievement. I just do it for personal satisfaction.

Also choose the weapons carefully... each weapon has it's ideal place and time..practice..practice..

Don't rely on just one weapon..gets boring fast...learn them all.. (don't become a 'ASMD combo whore' ..you won't be popular..few will play with you after awhile.. a lamer's way of winning with 'cheap kills')

Sniper rifle works best in long corridors or were opponent has little room to move... "head shot" can be a one shot kill weapon.

ASMD works best on large rooms... very versatile ...(learn combo for open areas)

Mini Gun and Flak works great open areas...and close up work, actually they work great everywere.. my personal favorites.

Green Goober gun is great for openings and exits, and laying traps.. were you anticipate a player will go.

Rocket works great for clearing rooms using Alt fire.. or the 5 rocket combo for one shot kills ..in open areas and courtyards.. carefull not to use near walls and objects or you could blow yourself up.

Use 'jump boots' ..one of the most underutilized weapons in Unreal..they have saved me many many times..

Learn ALT-fire for all weapons.. and how the projectiles behave after they are fired.

Play on servers with minimum lag if possible.

Play people that are better than you..best way to learn.. sometimes humiliating..but that passes.

Always stay topped up with armor and health..
(I seldom use invisibility or the power amp..cheesy type of weapons considered cheating by many players)

When low on health..Run..Run...Run.. sometimes this is best strategy..and rebuild armour and health...

When running from an opponent..NEVER turn your back..run backwards .. always firing.

Always keep moving.. more difficult to hit a moving target.

Learn the maps you want to win in.

I also recommend you use a keyboard and mouse combination.. tried and true.. best way for these types of games..forget all those fancy joysticks, in y opinion they are not the best way to play FPS.

Good luck..But when I see you on-line, I will destroy you...heh..heh

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by EASY_Target (edited 11-17-1999).]

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
What I do with my opponent is that I set him up to think about what ways to move are normal to others. It's all about setting someone up to place your shot where their gonna be next.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
What I do with my opponent is that I set him up to think about what ways to move are normal to Brizz. It's all about setting someone up to place your shot where Brizz gonna be next.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Oh yeah? So that's what you think.

That's what I think as well, besides he will not answer you as his post is dated way back to 1999 lol.
Use real weapons guys, constant asmding is lame.
But unfortunatelly, these days seems to be over when it was lame, nowadys almost everyone became lamer, lol.
Fortunatelly few serevrs rely on the traditions still.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
No really. I rather think he has been waiting here pressing F5 until someone finally answered. You see with a bit of patience you'll always win!

Smint

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: 8th Jul 2000 02:30 AM

Clock

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: 18th Dec 2000 08:10 PM

EASY_Target

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: 8th Jul 2000 02:30 AM

Last edited: