Most amazing racing simulation ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Yargh!! I can sign up just fine with the login name of "Uncle Midriff," but when I try to submit my times using that name, the GTO program tells me that the login name can't contain spaces. Grrr...telling me that before I set up my profile would have been nice.

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
So is there something I am not getting? I have installed the GTO program, and it is running when I launch RBR, but after a quick Rally race I quit RBR, and no times have shown up for that track in GTO...?

This is a shame because I just got a fairly good time on Diamond Ridge (3:28:00). I was ****ing beating the the stage record by 3 full seconds and then I had to fly off the track at some easy left turn or something....grrr...

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Approx said:
So is there something I am not getting? I have installed the GTO program, and it is running when I launch RBR, but after a quick Rally race I quit RBR, and no times have shown up for that track in GTO...?

This is a shame because I just got a fairly good time on Diamond Ridge (3:28:00). I was ****ing beating the the stage record by 3 full seconds and then I had to fly off the track at some easy left turn or something....grrr...

The only times it records are the ones that beat the default stage record, because the replays are fairly large and they don't want them piling up on the server. Which is why it recorded the 12 seconds i got on Diamond Ridge...

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Derelan said:
The only times it records are the ones that beat the default stage record, because the replays are fairly large and they don't want them piling up on the server. Which is why it recorded the 12 seconds i got on Diamond Ridge...

So what you're saying is, my time isn't good enough. I see how it is...

Well, I'm still proud of my time ;). If I could have kept from screwing up a few times, I would have had something really special. Although I do think my first major screw-up was at least nifty looking. I'm in the process of getting some webhosting, so I'll put the replay up in a little while, if anyone cares.

Also, if I attach the .rpl file, would you all be able to stick it in your replay folders and watch it? I am assuming it doesn't work that way, but it sure would be nice not to have to exchange big-ass files just to share replays.

Attachments

• Successfull Diamond Ridge.zip
    395.3 KB · Views: 7

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Yes you can, I've been looking at some other people's replays from the BHMS site to get ideas. Make sure you're saving progress after every new time you set as well as saving replays.

I can arrange web/ftp hosting if needed.

Dere, your sig is broken again :p.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
Yes you can, I've been looking at some other people's replays from the BHMS site to get ideas. Make sure you're saving progress after every new time you set as well as saving replays.

I can arrange web/ftp hosting if needed.

Dere, your sig is broken again :p.
My sig will continue to be broken until the as*holes at Sympatico come and fix the noise on our line that causes my router to cut out every 30 minutes.

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Crowze said:

Awesome...

What do you mean about saving progress as well as saving the replays? Will the replays not work on other's computers for some reason if you don't save the progress?

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Approx said:
Awesome...

What do you mean about saving progress as well as saving the replays? Will the replays not work on other's computers for some reason if you don't save the progress?

"Save progress" records your time into your player profile. "Save replay" saves a video copy of exactly when and where your car was and how it acheived that time. I believe GTO requires that you have both.

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
Replay

EDIT: Thanks, Derelan and Crowze. I'll see if I can get my brain working smoothly enough to figure out this simple process later on tonight.

EDIT2: I know Derelan. I just wanted to post that video because...I dunno, I felt like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Bringing this one back... I need advice for the France stages. I'm getting used to doing handbrake turns on tarmac well enough (it's hard not to, with those first 2 stages), but I'm having problems on the easy turns where it's bumpy. Hit a bump, steering goes off a little, and I'm straight into a tree or the barrier, or into a pendulum which quickly turns into a spin. How do I stop this, other than going at a crawl?

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Crowze said:
Bringing this one back... I need advice for the France stages. I'm getting used to doing handbrake turns on tarmac well enough (it's hard not to, with those first 2 stages), but I'm having problems on the easy turns where it's bumpy. Hit a bump, steering goes off a little, and I'm straight into a tree or the barrier, or into a pendulum which quickly turns into a spin. How do I stop this, other than going at a crawl?
Use the Peugot. No seriously, it doesn't flip, and it hardly reacts to the bumps on the side of the roads.

What do you mean its bumpy on the easy turns? Its tarmac, its perfectly flat!