More realistic recoil.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
We tried this a few 2.87 betas back. Trust me guys, it looks good on paper but the way it works out it's really disorienting and confusing.

As for the comment about the sounds, that's what they really sound like. Honest. We swear.

agent

<span id=spObj style="FILTER:Glow(color=#5D025E);w
Oct 20, 2001
Visit site
how about having an option in the INPUT section to turn this on and off?

[edit]firstly, i don't trust anyone i've never even seen :D secondly, i sometimes knock things over because of the excessive mouse moving. usually i just sneak up on the Tango from the back and shoot him in the back of the head with my m3.[/edit]

Last edited:

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Suggestion:

Fact:

Recoil force "kicks" your shoulder, and thus influence your view a little bit.

Implementation:

Recoil makes the screen "shake" ( similar to the "being-hit" effect in v2.86 but smaller, and no red flash ).

The "being-hit" effect is basically a horizontal oscillation. But the "recoil shake" should not oscillate -- it's a "kick" so the screen just trembles once and no more trembling.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by agent
how about having an option in the INPUT section to turn this on and off?
- Sounds good, and I could see why it would be so disorienting with a mouse like Keg and jaeg mentioned... (my previous suggestion in this thread would probably have nearly everyone wasting half their mag on the ground...)