More on being able to throw ammo:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
Just take 50 nades, put them next to your flag/CD, if someone come shot.
Result : the guy that came there die, your PC freeze for 15 seconds, the server crash... But he didn't get your damn CD.:D

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
What would prevent people from creating a veritable armory of sorts at the spawn? Jesus, you have 8 guys on one team bringing in a plethora of ammo and weaponry... wait! /me brainstorms and rubs hands together maniacally

Could this actually happen? Say I bring like *cough*25*cough* AKSMU drums and drop all but one off at spawn to save my stamina and stay and defend? That would be insane... There would be no stopping me....

MUHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAA *cough* Ahem. *cough*

Anyways. :)

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
I think we need a pool based wave respawn. That way taking more ammo will be necessary, as otherwise you'll never use it all up, and with wave respawns, even if you do it, you can just die and get it back.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
You can take ammo for guns you don't use in your Loadout.
That would be nice to give them to team mates out of ammo.
I think there something like that in Team Fortress Classic.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
That WOULD be neat; having everyone in the squad lug a box of ammo for the Miniami, and when it's needed, the next person up just hands it to the miniami carrier. Would make for good teamwork.

6mm

Shooting first..shooting some more......
Roflmao

Picture this:

MM249 gunner, blasting away, cans of ammo laying around him.

In the midst of the flying belt links and guts, an enemy sniper zooms in on one of the ammo cases next to him.........

...guess he won't be able to open a bottle of ketchup anymore.

TheSmisker

CaseSensitive
Sep 21, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
The only realistic approach is if you were to hand ammo bwn teammates. Actually that would be cool.

Stocking up a pile of ammo isn't true to the mission of INF, holding realism in high regards. An infantry squad is supposed to be flexible unless entrenched/mortar/7.62/12.7 machinegun.

The SAW is ment to be a personal weapon, not a squad-weapon. (by that I mean tht the soldier toting it around doesnt have another weapon)
Now, in a squad he will be the main guy pouring down bullets on the enemy (hence the name)

You have ammo in Boat/ICV/Backpack/Support company, ppl bringing it in on request or you (commander) fetching it with a couple of runners.

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
@ 6mm: IMO bastardb ment that the ammo-box wouldn't explode until the volatile ammo mutator is on. Ammo-boxes and nades usually don't explode on a simple projectile impact. The chance is less than 10%.

BTW /me likes the idea of carrying extra-ammo for the SAW-gunner :D

TitanBlue :con:

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
hopefully the saw will slow these boys way way down... so at least on publics i can keep up to them and watch there back

making me feel that im at least using teamwork.... too bad it has to come to sneaky teamwork tactics

Grunt11Bravo

[AFA6]
Dec 20, 2001
US-Michigan
The SAW is ment to be a personal weapon, not a squad-weapon.

**edit **

I don't know how they do it in the US Marine Corps, but in an Army Infantry unit, that is an incorrect statement.

The M249 is a Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW). It is intended to augment an infantry squad's firepower. In some light infantry units, the SAW completely replaces the M60 LMG. 8 SAWs per platoon is a lot more firepower than 2 -60s.

Ammo is usually distributed amongst the squad members. In a firefight, most times they'll drop the ammo near the gunner. If it comes down to a need for a resupply (in the middle of a firefight) from a boat/icv/chopper/runners whatever, that squad's usually in so much sh*t, they better be evac'ing instead of resupplying.

Last edited:

TheSmisker

CaseSensitive
Sep 21, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
I hold your opinions to be entirely true Grunt, but as I said, I meant that the SAW completely replaces both (at least in sweden that is the case) MG and AR. A squad weapon would be a weapon that isn't personal, that is what I meant.

Also, I am all for the idea that ammo can be distributed freely in a squad and that one should be allowed to carry x-tra for SAW, just that the thougth of piles of ammo around ppl (meaning ppl load up to xtreme when spawning only to dump their excessive 5 packs of ammo) feels less than realistic to me. I don't know about the US Army but when assaulting, you dont pile tons and tons of ammo up on the assault teams, I mean the INF game is all about that.
If dug in or part of the designated fire-support team, then we are at a different position and it would only be correct to pile up.

Come to think of it, I believe I wrote all this in my 1st post which makes me wonder how carefully you read it ;)

Last edited: