Monitors...?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
So, what are some signs that your monitor is about to die? Mine sometimes makes me wonder if it is going to die anytime soon... :( Like just a couple minutes ago it suddenly stretched horizontally to where the start menu and half the system tray wasn't on the screen. :eek:

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
My monitor did something weird about a week or two ago. The left would shrink in about half a centimeter, then back out. Sort of a flicker that was off and on. i tired moving my speakers away from the monitor, messing with cords. I haven't seen it do anything weird since that one time. It worried me and i'm not 100% sure that my monitor isn't going bad. It's about 18 months old.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
QUALTHWAR said:
My monitor did something weird about a week or two ago. The left would shrink in about half a centimeter, then back out. Sort of a flicker that was off and on. i tired moving my speakers away from the monitor, messing with cords. I haven't seen it do anything weird since that one time. It worried me and i'm not 100% sure that my monitor isn't going bad. It's about 18 months old.

Mine did that for a while, started earlier this year I think, haven't noticed it lately. My monitor is about 5 years old. :hmm:

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
I've used the degause button plenty of times before. Though I did press it last night, and haven't had any problems since. I'm still suspicious... <_< >_>

JTRipper

Chimpus Maximus
Sep 12, 2001
Denial
www.planetunreal.com
What you describe is what happens when the electron stream goes funny for one of two reasons. Reason #1, magnetism about the screen, is usually fixed by degaussing. Reason #2, the gun doesn't aim right anymore, has a much more expensive fix. Either way, I'd be browsing Best Buy sales flyers if that doesn't fix it. It's probably not about to die soon, but it'll likely get worse until you wish it would just hurry up and die.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
the newer monitors probably outlast the older ones, but who knows? I had an older one that was getting too dim, so i took the back off it and turned up the screen adjustment knob. It's bright enough now and has room for more adjustment. My ears glow from radiation after using it, but other than that...no problems.