Might be in trouble, HELP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
whoo mrsmiles might lose internet priviladges ? where do you live and whats your name so i can tell this policeman i saw you steal them :|

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
MrSmiles said:
the guy's a cop outside of school too, so the whole thing is legal.

and i did have one key but i didn't have the whole keyring
das_ben said:
What's that supposed to mean?
Like he said. What does that mean? Are you coming in here saying, "I only stole one key, my buddy had the rest." or something similar? That's making you sound pretty guilty.

As for the cop lying to your friend saying you'd already pinned it on him, that is a perfectly legal tactic used by police everywhere. The only thing the cop's doing that has me concerned is (from the way you're making it sound anyway) interviewing minors without a parent or guardian present. Maybe it's different if it's being handled as strictly a school investigation, you'll want to check your school's policy on that.

Kaligraphic

Charles leChaud is my hero
Oct 22, 2002
Everywhere.
www.google.com
If I was the cop, I would have shot BITE_ME. Or sent him to a Federal PMITA prison. (in prison, smart asses get sodomized)

But seriously, the key to most situations is keeping a cool head. Keep your facts straight and you won't contradict yourself. (For instance, if you had one key, but not all of them, say that fully - try not to have to correct yourself) If you don't contradict yourself, you're a less attractive suspect. Also, if you're a minor, you have less to worry about because most penalties are significantly reduced for minors.

Remember that the cop is doing his job - I doubt he's got anything in particular against you. If you look at the balance of things, against you there are two statements, one of which (your friend's) you can weaken by its circumstances. That leaves one unimpeached statement, and one doubtful. On your side, you have the fact that the teacher has a tendency to lose these keys - certainly enough to explain their absence if they're missing, so an offhand "He probably just lost them again." can raise that question. Also, if your own keys are similar in appearance to the missing ones, that can bring question onto both statements. ("My own keys look somewhat similar to the chorus teacher's keys, maybe this person mistook mine for his.")

Right now, I'd say that he has nothing for a criminal charge and very little toward a civil charge or school disciplinary hearing. Just think logically about things - the cop's credibility doesn't really enter into the matter because he isn't a witness. So, with no guaranteed credible witness, and no evidence, there's nothing serious against you.

It's actually possible that nobody has fingered you specifically, and he's just trying to see who he can rattle into confessing. Remember that you didn't finger your friend, yet the cop said that you did? Well, anyone who would lie about you would lie to you. It could be that you weren't specifically fingered either, or that he doesn't completely believe his source and is putting pressure on you to see if his source is telling the truth.

Basically, the short version is, it doesn't sound like you've got too much to worry about yet as far as charges being filed. As long as you keep a cool head and don't stand out too much, you should be fine. Unless, of course, you're a minority - in which case you're likely to be shot. ;)

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
anaemic said:
whoo mrsmiles might lose internet priviladges ? where do you live and whats your name so i can tell this policeman i saw you steal them :|
guess what....
I ****ed your mom
now shut the hell up

BobCobb

Society is a leech on me!
Sep 20, 2002
The Compound
Visit site
Yea Mr. Smiles, if you did take one get rid of it. If they have no evidence they can't do... anything.... or....not....HAHAAHAHA. ;)

Your pwned by the state. Might as well start loosening that butthole up now, to prepare yourself.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Mr. Smiles said:
and i did have one key but i didn't have the whole keyring
You mean you do have one of the keys? How did you come across it? I hope you have a good alibi. And, if it's obvious that the cop is just being an ass and trying to push you around, do the legal thing and push him back. If you did take one of the keys and you don't have a good alibi, I say get rid of it. Or, hell, give it back. It's a key. I think everyone involved has already made too big of a deal over it.