Mark Rein On The Pervasiveness of UT3 Piracy

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SuperDre

May 6, 2002
Helmond.nl
www.superteam.tk
There was a thread a while back which I cant find now, a person says that game devolpers are at fault with piracy. Make a crappy game focused too much around graphics with high system requirements and it just wont sell. A crap demo will spread like wildfire on the interent these days hindering sales. They have only themselves to blame!

I find it a bold statement too much around graphics with high system requirements as UT3 run's on any system which can run UT2004 in medium/high settings.. Yeah ofcourse you need a high system if you want to use the best graphixsettings, but hee, that has been since the first UT.. Also Crysis runs pretty fine on a rather old system.. You can't expect a new PC game to run at best settings on a 3-4 year old system, just as much you can expect a xbox360/PS3 game to run on a xbox/PS2.. But at least it runs on a PC which is 3-4 years old.. Well if you buy yourself a cheapass new PC you shouldn't expect it to run any new game on high/best settings, and if you believe you can..
The demo of UT3 and Crysis ran on a lot of systems, and played rather nice.. Maybe it's just not your kind of gaming (maybe you are more of a realistic(IMHO boring) splintercell/squadbased gamer). From what I've played with UT3 I don't find it much different as UT99/2k3/2k4, it's just the same with better graphix..

If a lot of gamedevelopers are saying the PC games are pirated too much, than there must be a truth there, but I guess you know it much better than those businesspeople.. Even turds sell like sh*t on consoles, look at GTA4..