M9 is way to accurate!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vulpine

Mar 1, 2000
Cape Neddick, ME USA
Visit site
I'm sick of getting sniped by bots w/ the M9. it seems like they can't miss at long ranges. The M9 is unrealisticly accurate for a handgun. Personally I know 3 handguns(.22, 9mm, and a .45) and its nearly impossible to hit a head size target at more then 25 yards. Maybe I'm just a bad shot, but I think the M9 should be made less accurate. I'm usually able to take a bot out with a head shot at ranges of more that 100 yards. that's just not right!

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
do you know if your going to use a projectiles based system as serpentine did, or a accuracy multiplyer with a range damage system as used in RB6?

Serp's seemed somewhat exagerated, and i didn't like being able to see my rounds, but it "felt" like it was going in the right direction.

RB6's on the other hand is much simpler, and might be less of a strain on cpu as well. But it wouldn't be very realistic in terms of sniping..

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
yeah- we had to slow down the projectiles because we fed in the math for accurate, realistic ballistics and it was still like instant hit. To slow them down much more would be pretty unrealistic- which IMO was like with Serp. though they did start it all.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

l0rdv4d3r

Mar 13, 2000
Say, speaking of the M9, will it be made a tad more powerful? It seems to take like 8 headshots before a bot dies /infopop/emoticons\icon_redface.gif

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
8?? You need 8 HEATshots??
Wow, am I lucky my bots are not that good - usually its five to eight shots in the belly, or one/two in their face and they fall down screaming..
Maybe you should try to improve your marksmanship? Or don't you play Hardcore mode? Just tell us your settings, and perhaps we'll make you an M9-Serial-Headshooter..

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
That will be changed too. With the Loadout menu all weapons will have real damage.
We had to make it low power because all weapons could be picked up. You shouldn't be able to find the best guns everywhere. The less fatal ones can lie here and there.