M4A1 model looks wrong

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ShR1ke

Feb 10, 2002
Visit site
i know it doesnt even have a skin...but for some reason, the M4 looks like it has an old XM-177 flashhider on it....that long cylidrical one....the m4's is supposed to look like this not this

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
FiringAimlessly: You. You're not allowed to think anymore.

I know I'm going to regret this, but here's a makeup render, just to reassure everyone we do have it right.

/Me braces for rabid M4A1 worshipping bitches to rave about their overrated toy.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
No, I think Shak just likes to model stuff. Hes got tons of rifles modeled.
Anything new to show us? :D
edit: BAH! Instaposted by the man himself.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
here's a question for anyone that's fired a M4..

how much recoil does the M4 have compared to the other weapons in the game?

I'm guessing that it'll be very similar to the SIG we have presently except maybe with a little more recoil per shot? or is it a little less?

which brings me to a second question about how weapons are modeled in INF.

some attachments (like a loaded m203) add significantly more weight to a weapon.. wouldn't that reduce the felt recoil? (more mass = harder to move) and in the case of a forward mounted bit of Mass work to reduce muzzle climb sort like a compensator? If so. does INF simulate that or plan to?

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
I believe they were talking about something like that.

the real aim "crouch/prone reduces recoil" bit is supposed to be in there. (dunno about attachements)
I also remember some mention about an inertia system to keep larger guns from being easily pointed.

assuming so: a grenade launcher would make it slightly easier on the recoil, but harder to point.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by ShakKen
[B
/Me braces for rabid M4A1 worshipping bitches to rave about their overrated toy. [/B]

*clears throat...*

/me visibly restraining ritalintoddlerlikeoverexcitement:

That looks wonderful. Flattie with carrying handle attachment? The scope goes straight on top?

Anyway, I cannot wait.

2.88? :D

Last edited:

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by RAZZ
I believe they were talking about something like that.

the real aim "crouch/prone reduces recoil" bit is supposed to be in there. (dunno about attachements)
I also remember some mention about an inertia system to keep larger guns from being easily pointed.

assuming so: a grenade launcher would make it slightly easier on the recoil, but harder to point.

Errr, eh? No, a grenade launcher attachment won't affect the recoil on the M4 as much as the shorter buffer tube and spring in the flimsy collapsible stock (compared to a regular M16A2).

Destructo6

Jan 11, 2002
Visit site
No 5.56 rifle has much recoil to speak of. There's a reason why M14 bigots call them, "mouseguns."

Another problem with the description of the M4 is the fire modes. It should be "semi or auto" or "semi or burst". As far as I know, the Army/Navy/Marines have not fielded an AR with a 4 position selector switch (add "safe" to the others listed". The 4 position selector is an aftermarket deal.

Removeable carry handle implied optics replacing it, right? How about an Acog with night vision co-witness?

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
umm i don't think it's a flat top.. or at least i remember that someone from the team said we were using one with a fixed carring handel. Something about flat tops not having very robust iron sights. but maybe they changed that.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
thats why I said "I dunno about attachments" in reference to recoil.
was talking about the crouch=reduced recoil, which I find oddly handy in rav2 :D

good question. why dont we have a safe mode on inf rifles?
yea, no one would use it.
but if its on the gun.......

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
The detachable carry handle is probably there when somebody takes the M4 without any scope attachment. With a scope, it'll be a flattop. And without the carry handle, you can still mount flip-up iron sights.