Looking For People To Join A Mod Team

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GiantRob0t

Jul 21, 2003
Looking For People To Join A Mod Team *list of rules and game types added*

I'm looking for people who are good with coding urneal script to join a moding team. The Mod is hide and seek. Yes i know this sounds childish but look how jailbreak turned out? Me and some of the fellow {]TDN[} members have been playing a crude version where we just hide in the map and people try to find you. Its actually very fun but un organized and hard to work with. Im looking for a couple people who know how to code unreal script to join a team to help us make the mod. Also we wouldnt mind a mapper or two on the team to make specific hide and go seek maps. If you would like more details. eg. How it would work, how it will be played ect. The you can Instant Message me on LilDamon402. If you are interested please contact me also by instant message. Thanks
Also if you would like to try the game first i can arange for you to play with us on are server. Contact me for that also *IVE ADDED A LIST OF RULES AND GAMETYPES AND SO FORTH ON MY LATEST POST AT THE BOTTOM!!"

Last edited:

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
First of all, this is the wrong forum.

Second, you need to specify which Unreal.

Unreal 1, Unreal Tournament, or Unreal Tournament 2003?

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I guess you can post this here, considering its off topic. But only crazy people hang out here. Methinks people would expect this sort of thing more in the Mod Recruitment forum so you might get a better response there. :)

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
also, you're going to want to post what you have, some screen shots, some credentials, who you have on the team, what you have done so far.

the people here that can code are most likely working on something of their own and it takes something worthwhile to get them to stop what they have and join another team.

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
lol. me and Eightball Maniac actually play a gametype just like that with Unreal (darkmatch)

gets very fun when you have good rules. from what we have tested, give the attacker stuff like the assault rifle and ASMD (d-pistol too if you want) and the defender gets the flak or something. ends up being really fun.

if you need a beta tester, send me an e-mail

w00p

Windows at its best
me too.
I'm actually very interested in this...
Though I have no real skills to offer. :(
Have you ever played thieveryUT?
its quite similar...
crawling around levels running on rooftops and stuff, stealing stuff from open windows and trying to avoid getting seen-caught by AI guards that wander around.
AND UT IS NOT DEAD!!! :mad:
I know dozens of people that have both UT and 2k3 and prefer UT's gameplay...

edit: could you please arrange me to play with you guys?
and could you explain it a little more?
what guns are involved?
what rules?

Last edited:

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
UT is far from dead, it will be after we've released the last ut version of TTR but not yet :p

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
TUT is not really like hide and seek since when i used to play at least, the thieves went offensive more often than stealthy.

/me remembers having only 1 heart left and fighting to keep the door to the ruby in the study closed on Korman.

'twas hilarious because i was the only one in there. My "teammates" were wandering around and using up the AI. and i could not type a message (and i don't think they had area tags at the time, not sure though since it has been a while. this was the first public version) because if i even stopped clicking the door then the 3 thieves would get in. :p

so there is little Gundy armed only with a sword and out of his precious firebolts constantly trying to keep the door closed as arrows fly past whenever the door opens a bit (fortunately i was off to the side)

eventually one of my teammates (i forget who but i used to play on his server a lot) walks in because he knows i always guard the house gem and sees all 3 thieves trying to get in. :p

still not sure what happened, but i just heard a loud explosion and then a lot of slashing. :p

GiantRob0t

Jul 21, 2003
Lol predator email me and ill send you a date and time that you can play with use. And yes, UT is far from dead lol

GiantRob0t

Jul 21, 2003
lol!! Yeah most people who play UT think UT2k3 is crap. And please dont reply saying I DONT!! Isaid most lol UT is still alive and kicking