Look what i found...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Da Spadger

Insert stupid title here.
Jul 16, 2004
Look what i found... (Aka, Spadgies own bug reporting thread)

After playing the new beta version for 6 hours straight, i feel all fuzzy and warm inside. It's still a beta though and betas has bugs. :(

Here they are, bugs that i found while playing.

• The sound from the deploy points are excessivly loud.
• Every weapon with the exception of the rocket launcher has twice as big crosshairs than they're supposed too.
• Sometimes the Raptor turret look like it's firing, but it doesn't do damage and nobody's inside.
• Sometimes, the animations usually played when sometimes die is skipped, making the player/bot go from standing to laying directly.
• When someone really dies (Goes to ragdoll, no revive) the body jump up a bit. Is it supposed to do that? Now, if it isn't and you guys need assistance, check with the author of the ragdoll mutilation mutator. It's a mutator that allows you to change the upkick, friction and much more stuff in ragdolls. Someone on the Fraghouse mod team made it. http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/ut2004work.php
• Bot names could use some tweaking.
• Somehow, bots can use the Juggernaut flame thrower in a 360 around the tank.
• This is the meanest one. Bots can hack from a distance.
The bot starts hacking and stands near the generator/point. Something catches it's attention, like an enemy or a pie. It goes for it. However, if he starts hacking when being near the object, he can walk away and still hack. Evil bastards.
• They should be alot more agressive, i saw an an enemy carrying an artifact running past three teammates. Sigh.
• The raptor never uses teh funny horn anymore, even when i'm in the air. :(

And two screenies of two bugs. Wee.

Okaaay, you can adjust your crosshair for... your empty hands?

Earlier, i destroyed this turret with an EMP, after respawning (The turret of course, i'm too L3E7 to get killed.) it looked like that. Getting into the turret seemed to fix it.

<3 UTXMP.
<3 XMP-Garden.
<3 Pies of all different kinds.
<3 FMI.
<3 Excessive amounts of cola.

Last edited:

Slippery Puddin

Sep 19, 2004
Da Spadger said:
• Bot names could use some tweaking.

I'm pretty sure the bot's names are mostly the last names of the FMI guys. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but check the map creators names when you choose maps in instant action.

Aren't their names good enough for you? Huh? HUH?

Just having some fun, don't take it seriously.:lol:

Da Spadger

Jul 16, 2004
Eat_my_shorts said:
If you adjust the xhairs to 0.6 scale - it's about the same as it is in u2xmp :) Although there are some that you can't adjust :'(

Then it IS a bug! :D

EDIT concerning this bug: I can't change. It stays like that.

Pudding: It's last names? Nevermind that then.

EDIT: Another three bugs, might as well call this "Da Spadger's private bug reporting thread"

1. Sometimes, i get a FPS drop when a Juggernaut is destroyed. (I thought it was spelled Juggernaught.)

Turret shouldn't have a corsshair.

Is the Assault Rifle really supposed to have a max ammo limit of 229? Doesn't make much sense to me, and i think it was different in Beta 1.

EDIT2:

Ok, the thing with assault rifle occurs with most weapons. Use some ammo on a weapon of your choice, step on a ammo-refiller and you get an extra shot or two.

Also, when i've fired a gas nade, it clicks for a few seconds.

Bot silliness: If Bot in a turret kills you, and keeps his attention on you all the time. No mather if i'm near, it keeps firing in one direction til i show up. (This was tested with the plama turret in XMP-Garden, dunno about other turrets.)

Bot hax: A bot can still turn a vehicle turret or usual turret instantly, human players still need time to turn 180 while bots do it instant.

Suggestions:

If a bot gets stuck and can't get anywere, why not make it auto-suicide then? It sounds practical to me.

Make them much more aggressive, also, they could use alternate routes into the enemy base, instead of one. (Really needed on XMP-Sirrocco.)

On XMP-Alcazar, when a bot is up there, it doesn't realise whether there's a generator right if front of them or raptors nearby.

EDIT3: Floating turret occurs with a bot using it, how about human players?

EDIT4: Bothpathing on XMP-Sunsetbeach needs work.
One of the generators on the beach looks a little odd when standing near it, the green net thingy is larger than the generator.
Female players sounds like male ones. :D

Last edited:

Da Spadger

Jul 16, 2004
• The bug where everything continues even though the match haven't ended occurs very often.
• Suggestion: Hire a coder or fifty to work specificly with the bot code. :p
• Suggestion (More serious): Consider teaching the bots how to jump as effectivly as possible. Sprint right before right dodge jump, followed by going forward and left in the air.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Da Spadger said:
• The bug where everything continues even though the match haven't ended occurs very often.
At game end, you can also constantly switch back/forth teams (red/blue). Apparently this pissed some1 off, because I got b4nt for doing it while I was bug hunting one day...

Last edited:

Da Spadger

Jul 16, 2004
ACK! I typo'ed that.

• The bug where everything continues even though the match have ended occurs very often.

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
That is not a bug. It is a feature. It gives the winners opportunity to show their other mad skillz before the next map rolls. :)

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Da Spadger said:
ACK! I typo'ed that.

• The bug where everything continues even though the match have ended occurs very often.
It's still wrong. The word we were looking for is 'has', 'has'. ;)

I like that bug. Running around can be fun.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Da Spadger said:
When someone really dies (Goes to ragdoll, no revive) the body jump up a bit. Is it supposed to do that?
That's UT2004/2003 thingy. It was implemented in one of the first patches for UT2003. In certain occasions when player died, the ragdoll just fell to it's knees, and bent backwards, with arms touching legs. This happened quite often, since the reason for such behavior was low player velocity at the moment of setting physics to ragdoll. Epics fixed this thing by giving body a slight impulse on death. That's what causes that jump.