Lighting not updating in my perspective window...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
When working in the level editor, well up untill today anyways, when adding lights in the perspective window, the lighting would update in real time with out having to hit the build or build changed lighting button. Today however, I have to hit build every time I add a light to see how it looks, how can this be fixed? Is there an .ini setting that regulates this that I might have accidently turned off when tweaking the gameplay items yesterday to get slightly better frames while in game?

On a side note, I added a lava pool a few days ago and set it's fluid surface info's light properties and added a nice glow on the walls surrounding it. I tried the same today, and even though all the lighting properties were the same, it illuminated nothing.

Anyone have any thoughts on either of these issues ?

atropos

The One and Only
Aug 24, 2003
Belgium
Are you sure you pushed that button (can't think of the name right now) on the top left side of every screen, so your lightning and meshes etc update automatically?

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
Ok, real time preview (the lil joystick icon) has no bearing on real time lighting in the perspective window. If this is on or off and I add a light, the map must be rebuilt before it's effects will be shown.

I put my old .ini back in before making the changes and it had no effect as well I don't get it :(

Oh yeah, dynamic lighting is turned on

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
putting back an ini while ued or ut is running wont work, everything has to be turned off, did you do that ? same goes for turning on an option in game while ued is running, not gonna save the option
so if you did that retry, else erm, reset the ued.ini as well ? along with ut.ini