Level IIIA Armour

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I came across this link which shows the penetration of different shots on Level IIIA armour. Good read, and as they say, "Rifles are rifles and pistols are pistols". I don't know - hopefully someone will: What do you loose when shot 1-3 times with a small calibre weapon in INF? Stamina? (or) Health? or a combo of both?

The bots I play against have at least 5.56 rifles equipped, so ~9mm calibre weapons i have no idea about.

Thoughts?

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
wow, you broke an mp5 enthusiast. i thought it could never be done. there was no .50 cal test :p. i wonder what would have happened.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
INF soldiers are supposed to be using AP armour, if not they wouldnt even bother going to combat with SMG's. Mercenary forces, and some special forces have the privilege of using ammo which is *forbidden* to regular troops

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Good ****! Liked the article about the shotgun spread. Maybe I'll take a look again at my shotgun mutator.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
BTH said:
INF soldiers are supposed to be using AP armour, if not they wouldnt even bother going to combat with SMG's. Mercenary forces, and some special forces have the privilege of using ammo which is *forbidden* to regular troops
LOL! .... :rolleyes: uhhh no.

---------------------------------------
Great find Burger! I especially like the difference between the 9mm and 5.56mm
9mm
16-9.jpg

5.56mm from AR15 :eek:
16-12.jpg

First of all you can choose the loadout for the bots you play against. A good method for testing damage is too shoot teammates. It will show their remaining hitpoints when you look at them up close.
To answer your question:
Shooting llla armor in INF does 1 damage to the front and 3 to the back for most of the pistol calibers ingame.
This causes most good players to aim for the legs because:
1) The leg hitbox is just as big as the torso
2) Shots to the legs always do full damage
I hope we can get RealTargets back to fix this... *wink @ Geo

Last edited:

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
um... you can kill an inf player with a level3 shooting them to the chest with a few mp5 shots... do they really only do 1% damage?

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
keihaswarrior said:
5.56mm from AR15 :eek:
16-12.jpg

Anyone interested in doing an INF_Instagib mut?:D

@clutch: I was unhappy about the lack of .50cal info, but they had the 7.62, and if that's any indication...

Anybody look at the other experiments? The original box 'o truth is interesting.

EDIT: @Psychomorph:
AR-15
I dunno what distance. What does this look like?

Last edited:

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Note that clay is not an elastic material (unlike skin and tissue etc) and thus is not the best metod for testing the damage done to a body. It will however show the temporary damage/cavity left by the bullet. So it's useful for setting standards and seeing how much brusing or fractures may occur.

BTW the AR-15 shot looked like it did fragment, note the jacket was left behind... Either way flesh reacts differently than clay to bullets, and bullets to the surface that they strike.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Inf armor has a number of hit points, and when these are used up the weapon does normal dmg, thats why you can kill with a mp5 on armor.

M. Fenix

C:\Users>format /all [y/n?]_
Sep 3, 2005
BTH said:
um... you can kill an inf player with a level3 shooting them to the chest with a few mp5 shots... do they really only do 1% damage?
Only the first shot, subsequent shots increase the damage rate as it weakens the armour, otherwise it would take a lot more mp5 shots.