Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I don't think of L4D as a mindless zombie game. I mean, even in the regular single player mode. It's all about strategy. Not blindlingly wandering into a room, leaving your teammates behind and die. Most kills I earned wasn't through this tactique, it was through planning. Despite my eager AI helpers who just loooove running into new rooms...ah well.. bots.

Besides, I've played plenty of coop online, be it in another famous shooter. But I know the feel of great teamplay. With the right people, it's magic.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
Yeah, I'm still playing the **** out of this game. I can't believe I'm having so much fun with it. I got it for both the 360 and my PC. I've essentially stopped playing the 360 version of course (plus I have almost all the achievements) and the PC version is made for versus even more.

The right group in versus can be entirely destructive and effective. Gotta love the smoke behind and boom up front.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I've been messing around a bit, found a way to set unlimited ammo. Ok, the challenge is gone BUT it was a fun game nonetheless. (I didn't charge into rooms though, even with this setting enabled. If a smoker/hunter grabs you, and noone is around well.... though it bothers me somewhat, I still want to be able to put up some fight when they attack you. But you're completely helpless until a teammate jumps in and saves the day.)

And besides,I was messing around on one map... next bit I'm doing completely with reload enabled. Otherwise I'd lose focus on what really makes the game intense I suppose.

Is it possible to make a personalized cfg. file, and load it as "exec personal.cfg" ?

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
(I didn't charge into rooms though, even with this setting enabled. If a smoker/hunter grabs you, and noone is around well.... though it bothers me somewhat, I still want to be able to put up some fight when they attack you. But you're completely helpless until a teammate jumps in and saves the day.)
Bind x "fire"
That is, if you're playing with god mode or you're willing to sacrifice some health. :D

Zer0

Jan 19, 2008
You can put a .cfg file in Steam/steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/cfg/ and type exec yourconfigfile (you don't need the .cfg at the end) to have it execute each line as a command.

For example if you had a line like this
Code:
bind "MOUSE2" "+attack2; vocalize playerspotpills"
every time you did a melee attack your character would say "Pills here!"
There's obviously a lot more you can do with this, but I don't feel like writing a scripting guide right now. ;)

5 minutes of L4D2

Those incendiary rounds in the shotgun are going to make versus painful.
Maybe I'm not getting the joke here, but you linked to Lego Robot Comics. :confused:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well finally got to see the video. It definetly looks a tad bit bloodier than the original, and I like the new pipebomb effect. Still will get it day 1 regardless

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
L4D 1.5. That's all there is to say after that 5 minute of gameplay. I only spotted one new special infected too.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Not liking the Southern feel one bit.

Racist :B

L4D 1.5. That's all there is to say after that 5 minute of gameplay. I only spotted one new special infected too.

Maybe because the remaining new specials arent ready yet. Common Quebec!

Taken from Kotaku

And at this point, when Valve still has yet to reveal—let alone tweak—the two remaining planned additions to the Special Infected. That's on top of the already revealed Charger class, the half-Tank that addresses on of the problems with the original Left 4 Dead's game design.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Maybe because the remaining new specials arent ready yet. Common Quebec!

I know man, the game isn't completely done yet, and it's way too early for this stuff to be shown. You like to blame Quebec and or Canada just because we're breathing in pretty much every thread a Canada resident post in.

Still, L4D 1.5.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
I think that Kotaku clip was one of the games I was playing in. I was playing with Michael McWhertor.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Thanks for the info NRG and Zero. Nah I'd never play with godmode enabled. I just like to experiment with a game. Especially noclip and checking out the structure of a map - which was REALLY odd in this game.

I figured my helpers would stay put but (should've expected it) they spawned "near" me. Suddenly I see their health drain :D...

Odd though that a smoker can still grab you when you're floating around the map....

I'll start the second campaign real soon. Reloading enabled naturally. ;-) Pure vanilla.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Didn't UT2k3 owners get to rebate when 2k4 came out?!

S'all I'm sayin'. :eek:

NeoNite, it's Source => Legacy Quake.

Code:
/alias 33 "exec sillygame.cfg; echo Yo: Silly cfg loaded."
/33
Yo: Silly cfg loaded.