Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I think where I see people get lost the most - at least in versus - is the house at the end of blood harvest .. 3? I think.

The house right before the long railroad bridge, that has 2 stairs (or 1, if you jump in through the window) and you have to jump out from the window onto the roof. A lot of people walk up the stairs once and just kinda roam around looking for a way out the windows or doors - which are all shut but you can peer out, making it seem as if you're supposed to find a way out. It's not clear that there's another set of stairs in the corner.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What I hate the most about people getting lost is people camping the wagon top when you activate the train to bring the bridge down in Blood Harvest Versus. Rather than just going right to the bridge like everyone else they just camp there and get raped. Even though you warn them to just run, they don't listen, then ask for help or go "sigh".

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
finally got my 5000 damage as infected. The patch makes hunter so much easier. I don't really have that many problems as a survivor meleeing hunters off of me, but it seems that people don't want to turn towards me when I'm pouncing them. Their loss.

~Jason

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The Versus MP is so full of Teenagers. In Blood Harvest act:2 we're on the Infected team, we get a Tank spawn, one of the guy in our team is abysmal at it so he just kept trying to hit the forklift on the first floor and trying to get it on the second, rather than just go up there and go at the guys up top. Then the whole game we had big silence because the team didn't co-ordinate, he said the team sucked and blah blah.

Then next round, we all got smashed up while he was going for a closet alone, he was the only one left with a health pack, he didn't share, so next thing I did is auto-shotty his ass then left. :lol:

Felt much better.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Ugh. Played through dead air on expert and after few restarts on final chapter, finally beat it. Was a pain in the ass, but I survived.

And got no achievement.

I know they're worthless little things, more for amusement than anything else, but I love my achievements. Oh well. i guess i'll just cheat that one later if I really care that much.

~Jason

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Ugh. Played through dead air on expert and after few restarts on final chapter, finally beat it. Was a pain in the ass, but I survived.

And got no achievement.

I know they're worthless little things, more for amusement than anything else, but I love my achievements. Oh well. i guess i'll just cheat that one later if I really care that much.

~Jason

Once I realized that the game would always crash before finishing a campaign I kinda stopped caring about achievements. I see lots of people spending hours farming for achievements, and I find the whole process hopelessly boring. You might as well be playing World of Warcraft.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Once I realized that MY PC would always crash before finishing a campaign

Fixed!

dragonfliet, in order to get the expert achievement, you have to be in-game from the second the intro is played until the second you are rescued. You can die and be "rescued" up until the last chapter where you must make it through completely. If you go idle (where your character becomes "idle:name") then you do not get it. If you use the Take a Break option ten you do not get it. You cannot be incapped at the time of rescue - even if you are incapped on the plane before the outro animation takes over.

I'm not sure if any of that applies to you of if you just encountered a bug. The only achievement that is bugged for me is Lamp 2 Slaughter and that is true for everyone.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I see lots of people spending hours farming for achievements, and I find the whole process hopelessly boring.

If TF2 is any example, the process will probably be dramatically shortened once the community gets their hands on a map making kit / SDK