Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I also prefer the M16. It's not very helpful against the tank, but it works wonders against mobs of zombies, whereas the shotgun is the exact opposite, great for tank (does tons of damage), less effective for taking out hordes. It's all about balance.

~Jason

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You guys are obviously using the auto shotgun wrong. The assault rifle is better for long range, but not that great for short and mid range, especially when dealing with hordes. The auto shotgun's spread and damage make it dang lethal, and if you reload before your clip runs out it reloads faster than all of the other guns as well. It also passes through multiple enemies like the hunting rifle.

The only problem with it is that the spread is a double edged sword. While it's great for cleaning out huge mobs, it's also pretty likely you're going to nick your teammates once in a while. Any situations where it's not as useful can be dealt with with the pistol.

(Also, the first shotgun is pretty crappy comparatively, but that's true for the submachine gun too.)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's a good sign that an argument has been made for just about every weapon being the best. :)

Thrash123, if you're running out of Assault ammo very fast then you're using it wrong! Single shots and short quick bursts are most effective. I don't think I've run out of ammo for any gun so far.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
In the interest of spreading information, the Tank has a limited "time on fire" regardless of his health. Currently, on Normal the Tank can only burn for 40 seconds before immediately dying, on Advanced 50 seconds and on Expert 60 seconds.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
Most european players can speak english.
Have you ever heard a German or a French speak English? It's not very pleasant. I'm not saying all of them speak terrible English, i have encountered a few who's English is great, but most of them spoke with a terrible accent, combined with bad mics and you can't understand half of what they say.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I've heard toniglandyl and 8472 a few times (french and german) and I can definitely hear their accent, though it isn't all too bad. Atleast most of Scandinavia should speak it just fine, or atleast at an understandable level.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Re: Crownd [surely it should be Crowned?]

Auto shotty @ point blank range in the back of her head apparently.
It can be done with the sniper, but people seem to recommend the shottie.

Looking forward to that Dawn of the Dead map.

& a quick horror story - for the other team...

First Versus game & first time as a Boomer, found the Witch & barfed on all 4 survivors
as they crept into her room. Priceless :D

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
First Versus game & first time as a Boomer, found the Witch & barfed on all 4 survivors
as they crept into her room. Priceless :D
Haha that's funny.

I had a chance to play some versus for a bit last night and found it to be pretty fun getting a chance to play as the infected. I had a hand at the Boomer, Hunter, and Smoker, but I never got a shot at being the Tank. The guy that spawned as the Tank was busy throwing around cars. :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Re: Crownd [surely it should be Crowned?]

Auto shotty @ point blank range in the back of her head apparently.
It can be done with the sniper, but people seem to recommend the shottie.
That's what I've heard as well, but I've yet to see it actually work. The problem is, the hooker wakes up really fast when you get that close. You almost need someone distracting her as you creep up behind her.

On another note, if you headshot her after she's been weakened, you still get it. Some fudge packer did that while I was smacking her down last night :(

It's quite comical, people are always like "Brizz WHAT THE F ARE YOU DOING? Get away from her!!" *BLAM* *BLAM* *Witch dies* "NICE SHOT MAN!!!" :lol: Oh, I forgot to say, I can kill her in two or three shots every time.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I kinda found out yesterday that headshotting her from behind is practically impossible on expert. She's got like 50% the health of a tank :|