laser sight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Originally posted by elffum
there are green and gold lasers... but only for green and gold team members.
I wouldn't be complaining about its abcence if it was there. ;) It just shows up red for me...

the crosshair doesn't dissapear for the redeemer and sniper rifle, cos they basically turn the crosshair on every frame because of their custom crosshair code, so not much i can do there...
I mean the normal crosshair.

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
Originally posted by DesertJorm

I wouldn't be complaining about its abcence if it was there. ;) It just shows up red for me...

they only show up in a team game, ie team deathmatch, ctf etc.. so not in normal deathmatch... if they don't work in those there is something definatly up with it.

I mean the normal crosshair.

so do i :) the weapon code turns the normal crosshair on every tick if the custom one isn't being used.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
This is definitely on the fast track to breaking away from the "just another laser sight" mod I played at first.

/me is very impressed at what has been done with something as simple of an idea as a laser sight

If you could possibly implement something like the UT crosshair colour-sliders, only make that for the laser, BAM! one hell of a laser sight mod. I see configurable length of the laser has already been discussed too :)

This is excellent man, excellent.

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
i think the colour slider thing is totally imposible in UT, its specific to the hud, so no luck there im afraid. i'll figure out the mod menu stuff eventually, probably next week cos i've got a lot on this week.

This is excellent man, excellent.

only cos u keep the cool sugestions coming :) don't stop though, i still want your ideas :)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Well then in that case, maybe take the colours from the UT HUD, and implement them to the laser so you can choose the colour of your laser in DM play. Team games would force you to use team colours. Blue team, blue laser.

I mean, if that can be done :)

Originally posted by Nemephosis
Well then in that case, maybe take the colours from the UT HUD, and implement them to the laser so you can choose the colour of your laser in DM play. Team games would force you to use team colours. Blue team, blue laser.

I mean, if that can be done :)

*thinks*

hey I wonder if you can use those color schemes???

the HUD colors should be just as usable as any other color tint :hmm:

Plungercop

Sep 9, 2000
Looks good.. it would be cool if you could shut the thing off with a keystroke because it gives away your position.

Also if it could shut off with indirect firing weapons or something like the impact hammer or translocator. Definitely those two, and probably the snot gun too.

Pat

BANNED
Dec 14, 2001
A Bubble
yay! ive been looking for a laser sight/crosshair mod because somehow i nuked my crosshair textures so i have none and that makes it a bitch when you play realistick mods like TO thanx man!

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Sounds like a cool mod.
Probably end up being as popular as DarkMatch /jk

Be nice if it had some ambient sound to warn those who had a "spot" on them, even thou I know light doesn't make sound, you can't really see the "dot" on yourself in the game, so some compensation to alert a player they're targeted would be a nice addition (bWarnPlayer type stuff)

elffum

Oct 23, 2001
Reedham
Visit site
i will do a new version (eventually)

i've got some pretty important exams soon, so i not doing any coding at the moment, but after that i may do a bit more, like get the mod menu working etc...

GRIND: you can, in the preferences => controls you can assign a button to turn it on/off.