ladder sights on m203?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
OMG I want. It can be difficult to aim at something when you have to raise the gun so much that it blocks the entire target (which is also due to the short 40mm range).

If someone remodeled the m16, fixed the sights, added ladder sights, etc.... that would rule.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
yurch said:

Damn! I lost my bet. Damn you yurch
flipa.gif

hehe... dont mind me... I was so sure that Tiffy would be the first to reply with a simple "yes", nothing more nothing less. I guess you are as expeditive as he is ;)

freak5.gif

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
keihaswarrior said:
OMG I want. It can be difficult to aim at something when you have to raise the gun so much that it blocks the entire target (which is also due to the short 40mm range).

If someone remodeled the m16, fixed the sights, added ladder sights, etc.... that would rule.

You'd need a dedicated "change ammo" key.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
spm1138 said:
You'd need a dedicated "change ammo" key.
It could be done via the QA menu. And if someone made a ladder sight, don't make the first position tilted up. I hate that with the hk69. The first position should just be regular level, then it can cycle through the different ranges.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
geogob said:
Damn! I lost my bet. Damn you yurch
flipa.gif

hehe... dont mind me... I was so sure that Tiffy would be the first to reply with a simple "yes", nothing more nothing less. I guess you are as expeditive as he is ;)

I nearly did but I figured this had been discussed so much an answer wasn't needed ;)

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
I'm confused about ladder sights in general. Like with the HK69, clearly, to hit targets further away, you need to point the gun higher but the ladder sights themselves are higher, causing you to aim lower. Are you supposed to tilt the gun so the aperture you need it alligned with the front of the barrel or something? Wouldn't that pull the stock away from your shoulder and enduce a crappy firing position? Then there's the fact that the range numbers are so small you can't read 'em. Someone please enlighten me!

Anyway, proper grenade sights for the m16 would be good, cause usually the standard sights are so useless shoot the M203 hipped.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Gnam said:
I'm confused about ladder sights in general. Like with the HK69, clearly, to hit targets further away, you need to point the gun higher but the ladder sights themselves are higher, causing you to aim lower. Are you supposed to tilt the gun so the aperture you need it alligned with the front of the barrel or something? Wouldn't that pull the stock away from your shoulder and enduce a crappy firing position? Then there's the fact that the range numbers are so small you can't read 'em. Someone please enlighten me!
The ladder sights are at the rear of the gun, behind the visual 'pivot'. So raising the tip of the gun and looking through the top of the sight to this 'tip' in fact provides a steeper raised angle.
It does, I suppose, require you to move either the stock down or your face up, but you must remember our hk69 is in a little bit of an odd proportion in regards to perspective and the ladder.

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
geogob said:
it's switch weapon mode to change the range and activate attachement to raise/lower the ladder.
:bulb:

Weapon Attachment-Swap grenades
Fire Mode- adjust ladder sights.
AIM-Toggle ladder

RTFM!!!! said:
If you have the M203 selected with your M16-A2 the weapon mode key key will allow you to change the type of grenade you wish to reload between High Explosive (HE) and White Smoke (WS). (This can also be done with the HK69, but with the Activate Attachment Key.)

;)

Last edited:

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
I wonder why they use different keys to do the same thing. It would make more sense to have grenade launchers do the same things consistently. Such as having the ammo always switched with the mode key and the sights always switched by the attatchment key.

I think it would also make more sense to have the PGS1 toggle the scope illumination with the activate attatchment key, since the scope is technically an attatchment to the weapon. This would also apply to the RC50 by having the zoom funtion as the attatchment and the fire mode (automatic or manual) selected by the mode selection key.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Demosthanese said:
:bulb:

Weapon Attachment-Swap grenades
Fire Mode- adjust ladder sights.
AIM-Toggle ladder

;)

yeah right... i knew that... well i was a little confused because in my head it's "tab" to change the range, and "lshift" to raise the ladder, and "f" to change the grenade type... so it isn't much of the usual key setup AND I never remember which is which... only what it does :p

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
I didn't know you could adjust the sights. I'll have to try that. I did spend some time test shooting yeserday (I hadn't fired the HK69 since 2.86) and did manage to get the hang of the ladder sights a little better.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
true... or you can "learn" to use them like this, but it's pretty much useless indeed. Intuition i the only thing that really works.

Yurch's new40mm mutator will be a great addition to this game. Can't wait to see its final version on some servers. It's pretty impressive how he got the range accurate with it.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
An HK69 with yurch's mutator and also some kind of binocular mutator that had an scope for range finding would rock.

It would be fun to dial in the range with the binocular scope (mildots or something similar) and then hit people from 300m with the HK69 on RtK.