Keep it Clean

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Kitty.cat said:
Oh man. When I first met NTKB I think it was on Odie's server, or something, that ran this tactical simulation warehouse map thing. You could kind of work your way up on the tops of these big wooden constructs or ninja through the middle of them. I think back then NTKB would always cap me with a SOCOM. All I know is that I remember totally being in awe of NT's ability.

->

NTKB said:
Kitty to be honest, I wish we could all hold hands and run through the daisys together.... .....

No really, my best advice to you is to desensitize yourself. When I first joined BUF I was really sensitive to others comments... trust me, a couple of months in the BUF and the cold hearted bastards here thought me how to just laugh at peoples BS. It goes the same for all things, including games. In reality, most of these smack talkers would not say a goddamn word if you were in their face.. hell you could only imagine how many times I wished I could meet some of the clowns here... He... he... heh.....

NTKB said:
Goddamn you all if you want the thread to stop....

NT, you are quite cheap to hire as a personal forum bully :D - Anybody still doubts Kitty is in fact a girl :p ?

And btw. I said worse things than "annoying" to guys twice my weight face to face and I still live... though I didn't decide to bring it up here myself.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
boevhomyak2ku7pd.jpg

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
does this mean we are gonna strap knives to the pyros responsible for this flame thread and watch them kill themselves?

(Geo, hand me some popcorn...)
*Goes off to get a coke*

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
theRoadStroker said:
lol soon you will be as whiny as K too :D
I only complain when playing TDM. Even then, I don't complain about how people play (camper/lamer/hacker/weaponwhore/spawncamper/etc). While I do like to be online with my clanmates, I find that chatting about how TDM gametype is broken and sucks is much more fun than actually playing it.

When I am actually playing, I don't whine at all really. I will even tell my own teammates to stuff it when they complain about spawncamping or sniping or something.

IMO TDM, the 'N1 l33t killcount scoreboard,' and the players who prefer it over EAS represent everything bad about INF and its community. They measure success only by their killcount, they avoid teamwork at all costs, and use the term 'camper' as an insult. I wish all the players I just described would leave INF or drop dead, maybe both.....

-- I guess I'll go play some more AA:SF. The community might be about the same, but at least the 'TDM players' are stuck with objectives.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
due ...going to an TDM server and scream and cry that TDM sucks is same thing gthat going to africa and stand in the middle of the street and screaming "I HATE *******" ...makes you wonder if you left your brain in your other pants.

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
I can honestly say I love every TDM match involving WeeD.

It's a weird balance of seriousness and just plain playfullness that keeps it challenging but very fun.

Glad to see Road keeps his forum posts the same way. :D

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
keihaswarrior said:
IMO TDM, the 'N1 l33t killcount scoreboard,' and the players who prefer it over EAS represent everything bad about INF and its community. They measure success only by their killcount, they avoid teamwork at all costs, and use the term 'camper' as an insult. I wish all the players I just described would leave INF or drop dead, maybe both.....

I actually didn't wanne join the 1001st EAS>DTAS>TDM discussion but anyway:

If the "TDM players" left (and that might just have happend without the scoreboard mutie - since the lack of it renders TDM entirely pointless) - INF was entirely dead way back. I'm not a big fan but this is "quick entertainment" and "aim practice" to most. People hang out in TS (even opposing teams) and chat while playing - no high level of tactic or anything.

And I could go without the n1 scoreboard, but releasing a competitive game like INF without any sort of individual score (i.e. like DTAS) is also flawed. You could also argue removing "experience points" from a RPG.This was pretty much consensus on the german board which represents 100% of all euro server atm.

By now there are hardly any "TDM only" Players. Since DTASAL 90% of those I hang out with (FOOL, ex-FOOL, WeeD, ex-121st, JgKdo and clanmates) play DTAS just as inspired as they play TDM for whatever reasons.

And for the record, EAS isn't flawless either: Many maps encourage spawn exit camping (instead of going for/protecting the objective). Required communication is beyond what is (without TS) possible in public. Further more EAS requires perfect map knowledge (you really need to know the map by heart to be able to do anything usefull) and once you know it that well, hardly anything surprising happens. Late joining is a big problem as well.

EAS - especially those rare awesome maps - is suited perfect for clan activity but it fails to provide good gameplay on public servers - especially to less dedicated, who just play once in a while.

That's the reason why all those Euro EAS servers just went down one by one... and as a result several clans (C-22, INForcers, 121st) left... IMO of course.

Last edited: