JB-RimeValley

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
OK, Beta2 is just about ready, apart from one final thing I'd like to sort out; your vehicles while you're in the enemy base.

When you get out of your vehicle and head for the switches, if you don't return to the vehicle in about 60seconds it will disappear, leaving you stranded at the enemy base. There are a couple of options:
  • Have neutral vehicles in each base which can be accessed by all players.
  • Have a team-specific teleporter in each base. For example, in the red base only blue players could teleport to, say, the reinforcement area outside the central blue jail. The principle is similar to the Teleport Releaser addon, but this allows you to hit both switches and then get out of the base.
What do you think?

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
Personally I say let 'em run, but out of those options I think the teleporter would be better. Although I'm not so sure having neutral vehicles next to the bases would give too much power to the attackers as they can't take them inside, but it would probably make defending it from the outside very difficult.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
- Opposite-Team-Teleporters near each base: 3 people.
- Neutral Scorpion & Manta: 1 person (me)
Uh... eh... Seems like I lost :(. G.Lecter cries too... :'(

OK, let's see how those teleporters work :hmm: Waiting for Beta2... ;)

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
I played the map and actually I like most things how they are
The fact that the vehicles disappear after a time is a good way to prevent Jailswitch camping as you must return to your vehicle soon.
It also is a good way to force teamplay as it is a good reason to put
more than one player in a vehicle so the other can wait at the base entrance.

It still is a darn shame bots do not use the raptors in the arena but
if you say that update fixes that, it is fine by me!

If there is an unreal server link please Ignore it, This is the first message I send and I really don't know how to remove it!
My server does not work anyway!

Last edited:

expisCoR

Thinktank for the "Head CoR JB Mapper"
Mar 12, 2005
West Chester, PA
ZedMaestro said:
  • Have a team-specific teleporter in each base. For example, in the red base only blue players could teleport to, say, the reinforcement area outside the central blue jail. The principle is similar to the Teleport Releaser addon, but this allows you to hit both switches and then get out of the base.
Hmm, you can have a team-specific teleporter?

/me returns to map-making

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Raptor exit

ZedMaestro said:
About the Raptor roof... yes, its intentional that the doors dont open. I'll see if I can set up something that kills the pawns who are stupid enough to get there.

Another Edit: With the currently-available actors its not possible to fix that. I need a volume that can only damage players who are not in vehicles.

I think I know a way! You'll need A Triggered death actor A trigger and an Attachmover,
The attachmover drags the triggerdeath away from the opening during the trigger control time. But you need make the trigger only react on raptors
like this the triggerdeath will only kill when there are no raptors in that exit!

I still don't know how to get rid of this link I HAVE NO UNREAL SERVER!!!! :hmm:

Last edited:

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Thanks for the help! To tell the truth I forgot about those Unreal tags,
I thought they were to display Unreal Icons next to the name :lol:

Dam'n I'm stupid!
but at least I Admit it!

By the way Could the Raptor trigger I mentioned work? Probably not :( ....

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
The basic principle of what you suggested should work, but considerably more simply than what you suggested. There already is a mover (the door is, obviously, but there is another for collision purposes), and volumes can be attached to them. Physics volumes can inflict damage, so it might work.

I'm sure I tried something like this before, but I'll have another go.