JB-Hydro64

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Love that CTF map you just put out (spoon?) (cmon put those deemers back in ~.~) port to jailbreak please :D

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I love the CTF too, but I think it won't be so good for Jailbreak because there are few paths in the middle and lots of them in the bases. You haven't the translocator either... :hmm:
The remake would be appreciated anyway. :rolleyes: (Execution=Open the dam=lots of water=:D)

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Not really JB related, but there is a beta of the League Edition version up here at the moment:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7231962#post7231962

I may use this version, or a hybrid between this & the full version, as a base to make the JB from, so I guess it's kinda relevant :) Anyway, just thought I'd point this out - it's mainly for the pro CTF'ers out there but any bug testing is always very welcome :)

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
good luck my Padawan :D

not aimed at anyone but why cant people make original JB maps instead of remakes or conversions.

anyway i gave it a quick spin and i thought i recognised the name. i played it on INV a few times. However im not going to post screenies yet, il think ill wait until the JB conversion is at an Alpha or Beta due to these few things after litereally 3 minutes:

-theres a number of texture alignment issues
-you can see inside some meshes
-you can trans (maybe even shield , didnt try) up onto the map
-a thousand and one hiding places on top of pipes etc...
-see through terrain :S
-i get 2 "missing texture package" when i open it in the ed

i didnt really look for anything else and its 3:30am!!!

pls try and get the filesize down from 50mb!!! its way too big for such a small map. alot of the custom textures could easily be replaced and you would never know.

Bring on the Alpha!

Last edited:

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Thanks, a few comments follow. Also, are you sure you're not playing the standard Hydro64? The filesize is not 50MB, it's 18MB (5MB compressed) - reducing the filesize (by using stock textures, reducing textures & lightmaps etc) was the first thing I did... On a side note, even the full version wasn't 50MB, it was 42MB (11MB compressed)

-you can see inside some meshes
Could you tell me where? I'd like to fix that :)

-you can trans (maybe even shield , didnt try) up onto the map
Shouldn't be able to on this version... once again - you sure you're not playing the standard one?

-a thousand and one hiding places on top of pipes etc...
I've removed access to the pipes above the flagroom in that version - that was the main bad one. The only other one which I think I'll change is the beams in the "boiler room". I think any other areas are negligible, and can't be used as a viable hiding place for FCs (or someone in JB).

-see through terrain :S
You can see through it from inside the map? As far as I'm aware you can only see through it if you manage to get out of the map... which you shouldn't be able to do now...

-i get 2 "missing texture package" when i open it in the ed
That happens with many maps since ECE came out. Epic's fault! I don't think it can be fixed & doesn't affect the game anyway (also happens in JB-Oasis, JB-Eightball).

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
i downloaded the one on the link you gave us 4 posts ago. ill click on it again and download it again and go play it and see if its the same version. and take screenies for you of those meshes.

in JB its vital there are no hiding places, for example. blue team down by one capture, only one red left but hes hiding on a f*ing pipe somewhere for 5 mins, and then red wins after the time limit. :(

Last edited:

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
INIQUITOUS said:
in JB its vital there are no hiding places, for example. blue team down by one capture, only one red left but hes hiding on a f*ing pipe somewhere for 5 mins, and then red wins after the time limit. :(

I think that's a good part of the game ;) As long as it isn't a "bugged" hiding spot like under terrain.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
ok think i played hte right version. here is my preliminary bug hunt results. i will do a more intensive hunt with hazel incase i missed anything (she's also a padawan of mine :p :D hehe )

can hide behind these crates. very good hiding spot i think. especailly if playing against a couple of dumbasses.....then again probably wouldnt need it if you were lol

got behind this blocking volume. theres a few ways in, there are gaps at the sides and at the front.

another shot of the same blocking volume problem.except this time im cowering under some grates

this env map is wrong. the reflections are not of the surroundings and ths same env msp is used on each fluid surface. i hate it when i see bad env map on fluid surfaces :(

Mwahahahahah im very proud of finding this bug :D this is one of the hardest to actually do. it took me about 15 mins to get under once. once under you can run around in the "water" and even climb inside pipes with the trans hehe...like a sewer rat. you should take off the collision on these pipes anyway.

this is the culprit. this little hole inbetween the grates. its possible to bounce the trans at the correct angle and bounce it down into the water(wel fluidsurface i didnt actually see a water volume)....a blocking volume on the ramp should fix it, or to be extra sure you could make that "water" paincausing or a killvolume.

this is the only remnants of the see through terrain from b4, its werid isnt it, you can see the bsp under it. its no problem tho.

these are the meshes you can see into

texture alignment

and ofcorse a thousand and one other hiding places ontop of pipes. and theres some really really good hiding places up there by the way.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
Hazel said:
I think that's a good part of the game

hazel obviously hasnt played this map yet... il show you all the good parts of the game when i test it with you , lol.

but i do agree its sometimes good crappy example would be hding on a roof on castlebreak. but in hydro you can hide 15 feet in the ceiling inbetween pipes and shadows and no1 will ever ever find you.

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Ini, on many of your pics I pretty much only see black stuff and my monitor's brightness and contrast are maxed out. Could you perhaps brighten those up? UT2004's screenshots don't take gamma settings into account when made.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
heres some more thingys me and hazel found. ....the screenshots are fine on my screen, exactly as i see ingame. none are dark except for example the ones where your hiding behind a crate or something...sorry...lol can you show me a screenshot of what you see, just out of interest, as long as spoondog can see them its ok.

this is one of the major hiding spots that should be blocked off.

this one wil b very dark. lol anyway here i am hiding inside the wall ontop of a pipe.another major hiding spot.

this one aswel wil b very dark. its abad shot but ,its the big keg pick up, its bigger than the pipe its on, can you rescale the pickup base so it doesnt hang off the edge.

hhhm yummy, alittle too much maybe? lol

a floating pickup base or mesh, as it doesnt spawn anything. in the huge tunnel on top of the pipes.