I've got a suggestion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MetaliumXX

Aug 17, 2001
blah
Visit site
Here's a suggestion for the new versions...actually, it could be for 2.86 all together. I belong to the MUF clan, and there has been talk on our forums from many, many people....STOP MAKING INFILTRATION ULTRA-REAL. Close to real is awesome, what it is now is great...but don't make it to the point where it isn't fun anymore. It's cool to have a game that is realistic, but we don't need three different run modes, nobody cares about inertia, and least of all special forces guys can still shoot like gods when jumping and running...that's how they make it into SF. You're going to make the game to complicated for most gamers, and your popularity will dwindle to only core, hardocre fans. Please, stop listening to all those jokers who don't even play the game that keep suggesting changes. Listen to the true game players.

-GAT-Rogue

Jul 22, 2001
Visit site
lmao
rambo!=sf guy
and the goal of inf is supposed to be realism, but not to realistic. (right now it isnt realistic at all)
and SF guys cant shoot and run and jump, i have seen documentaries and own books on them. if they could shoot like gods while running/jumping they would enter a room jumping around like rabbits, and they would run around like monkeys in the jungle, instead of walking carefully

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
they would enter a room jumping around like rabbits
lmfao rogue! :D

one-six: "GO, GO, GO!"
*team proceeds to simultaneously enter from every imaginable entry point, jumping around like mad rabbits, mp5s spraying the room as targets present themselves*
tango leader: "who the f**k are these idiots?"
*tango team proceeds to make well-placed double-taps and wipes out the entire seal platoon*

Chief Xhabbo

Face it, Windoze blows.
This was posted over in FAQ:

" Q. I've heard people say that the more realistic a game gets, the less fun it is. Doesn't this apply to Infiltration?

A. This kind of generalization is usually made because creating a realistic experience is extremely difficult.  You have the laws of nature to design by, which every person knows and can experience, where-as creating the fantastic is only limited by the designer’s imagination. Although certain elements of reality can become a burden to the player, we only choose those aspects of realism that will add to the experience without detracting from game play. We also pay close attention as to how those features are implemented. The complexity of the game is kept to a minimum so that anyone can learn to play and enjoy Infiltration. "

Now here is my opinion...

There are plenty of mods that do not have anywhere near the detail or feel of realism that infiltration has. I agree, full exact reality will never be achieved but I would like it to be as close as possible. In UT there are limitations but I believe that Infiltrations goal is to make a Total Conversion as realistic as possible without sacrificing any fun. If you want more fun and less realism, try Tactical Ops or Strike Force. They are both great mods but they have different "aims" on thier purpose.

Infiltration IS different, deal with it.

Newman

The Gump
Hilarious

Wouldn't it be so hilarious if you were running too fast and you stubbed your toe on a little rock. Then you died because you landed on your face and headshotted yourself...damn inertia...that'd be funny...anyhoo I think INF needs to be as realistic as possible to be the most fun. Inertia is a real life thing, so why not implement it if this is a "combat simulator".

yomi_choco.gif
RTFM

Thank you for choosing Infiltration, a squad-based, mission intensive, military oriented game that puts you in the first person perspective of any soldier in today’s world. This manual contains in depth information regarding setting up and installing Infiltration, as well as game play, tactics, weaponry, and much more

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Yes, we need the game to stay like it is now, It is just fine. Why, in my day as a free lance mercenary, I have ran into groups of enemies with an assault rifle and jumped around, shooting them all. Then a guy came with a shotgun. I jumped to the ground in one second maintaing perfect aim, blowing away his knee caps. Then I jumped into the air onto my feet, and jumped to the right while openeing fire. I then took on a tank...

INF is meant to be realistic while mainting a healthy amount of fun. Most people here DO want inertia and other things like that, to put an end to running around and shooting with perfect aim. If the special forces etc can do such amazing feats... I can't think of a way to finish that at the moment, so fill in the rest with what you wish.

Edit: And listen to true gamers? Do you dare insinuiate that I am not a super-1337 master gamer!?

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
I belong to the MUF clan, and there has been talk on our forums from many, many people

I may have found the source of the problem....

STOP MAKING INFILTRATION ULTRA-REAL.

Stop playing Infiltration.

Close to real is awesome, what it is now is great...but don't make it to the point where it isn't fun anymore.

You're right. It stops being fun when I have to stay awake all night stringing wire and the food comes late and is cold. Somehow I don't think the UT engine can handle that.

It's cool to have a game that is realistic, but we don't need three different run modes

No one needs a run mode either, but I'd bet you'd be pretty pissed if they took it out.

nobody cares about inertia

Ok, you have an opinion, fair enough. Your opinion carries just as much clout as everyone else on this forum.
For Inertia - 100+
Against Inertia - 1

and least of all special forces guys can still shoot like gods when jumping and running

One has to wonder if that statement has something to do with Encore playing Rambo: First Blood Part II this month.

that's how they make it into SF

Well damn, I thought it was through teamwork, professionalism, intelligence and keeping a cool head under fire. I mean even j00r h3r0 John Rambo wasn't accurate.

You're going to make the game to complicated for most gamers

To the average FPS player Infiltration will seem complex. But then again the very act of breathing while walking seems to be a real thinker for the average FPS gamer.

Rainbow Six/Rouge Spear were well loved even though they had an inertia system, and different movement speeds dependent on position.

If you think inertia will make the game too complex for you then obviously need assistance with your breathing and chewing at the same time.

and your popularity will dwindle to only core, hardocre fans.

Or maybe the community will expand because people who have never tried FPSs will like Infiltration's realism. There's nothing wrong with a game made for a specific community. Combat Mission was tailored to hardcore wargamers and was still a success. The Panzer General and Close Combat serii both dumbed down their gameplay in an attempt to capture a broader market, and look where they are now. Warbirds has striven to increase the realism in every update, and they're still going strong.

Please, stop listening to all those jokers who don't even play the game that keep suggesting changes.

I agree with suggestions such as:
Inertia
Three movement speeds
Increased bulk effects
Realistic body armor
More realistic/harder to use scopes
Removing the M203+ACOG combination ({MUF}GNAT's favorite) from the game.

And I do in fact still play INF.

Listen to the true game players.

I agree. Except you most definately one of INF's "true" players. You want CS for UT, hell not even that, CS has inertia. You want UT DM with real guns. And this isn't the MOD for it.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Nice post Fur. Very considerate and non-inflammatory. Are you sure you're The_Fur? :)

You may also want to try INF_Lite.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
Nice post Fur. Very considerate and non-inflammatory. Are you sure you're The_Fur? :)
eh... monk, that was poaw, not fur... :D

I agree with suggestions such as:
Inertia
Three movement speeds
Increased bulk effects
Realistic body armor
More realistic/harder to use scopes
Removing the M203+ACOG combination ({MUF}GNAT's favorite) from the game.

werd, poaw... :tup:

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
There is a slang term used for the movement of special forces. It is called, snoop and poop. It is not called run-at-full-flank-speed-and-empty-all-your-clips-while-you-still-live-and-hope-you-live-long-enough-to-take-the-enemy-down-with-you.:D

side note:M-203 with ACOG....bad....

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
Originally posted by poaw

To the average FPS player Infiltration will seem complex. But then again the very act of breathing while walking seems to be a real thinker for the average FPS gamer.

Aye, this one's wit t'is about as sharp as his tounge.

ROFL:D

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Originally posted by MetaliumXX
Here's a suggestion for the new versions...actually, it could be for 2.86 all together. I belong to the MUF clan, and there has been talk on our forums from many, many people....STOP MAKING INFILTRATION ULTRA-REAL. Close to real is awesome, what it is now is great...but don't make it to the point where it isn't fun anymore. It's cool to have a game that is realistic, but we don't need three different run modes, nobody cares about inertia, and least of all special forces guys can still shoot like gods when jumping and running...that's how they make it into SF. You're going to make the game to complicated for most gamers, and your popularity will dwindle to only core, hardocre fans. Please, stop listening to all those jokers who don't even play the game that keep suggesting changes. Listen to the true game players.
I recently started really hanging around the forum and try my best to post intelligent and important replys and threads. However with posts like these it makes me want to leave this board in the dust. How do you old timers put up with this crap??

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
It explains the xenophobia and malice many people have towards <10 post newbies who post stuff like this. Many new people on this board go through a trial by fire similar to boot camp where all the crap fed to you by "realism" mods and hollywood action movies must be flushed out and replaced with common sense and factual data.

Hopefully this guy will survive and be a contributing member of the community, or he may return to his point of origin. Can't really say.

Is this guy really representative of the MUF community?