Its great and all but it could be better (Community WeaponPack1)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What should be fixed

• Fix the Priority bugs

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • take off the "safety” Animation for the M4A1

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Match the Reflex sight on the M4 with the M16

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Change the ROF animation forthe M4A1, its too exagerated.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Change the sounds for the Mag-7, Especially long range sound

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Change the sounds for the M93R, sounds like flak

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Reskin the M93R, black preferably

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
here are my responses to demos 'problems' to the M4A1 model:

a)if you want an amber dot, please also propose how were meant to see it, epsecially since you guys bitch about not being able to see the dot when its a bright red one.

b)i made the rear sight pentagonal as opposed to hexagonal because of polycount problems. if you want an extra 400 polygons, i can make a seemingly perfect circle next time for you :rolleyes:

and switching the dot is a little more work than you think, since that probably means that dukes gotta re-export everything - yeah, weapon, animations AND texture - to fix this seemingly small problem. get over it.

also keg, yeah you have the right to complain, but we also have the right to not listen.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
You guys not listening to suggestions and calling people's suggestions (or the people themselves) idiots for suggesting them are two different things and it reflects badly upon your team. Please make sure to note that important difference.

As far as textures and modeling, seeing as I have done a bit of unreal scripting in the past, I can tell you it's trivial to re-build a build with a new texture. If you can build it once, then you can build it again.

salad

Dallas Tosses Salads
Oct 23, 2003
www.dallastossessalads.com
Logan6 said:
Well, to those who didn't like my story of why I like to carry an AKM, **** you. Its not like you have any lives anyway. And if you don't think there are gators in Texas, feel free to wade through some of the more native creeks and marshes :D I think we killed the last gators near where I lived about 20 years ago, but Im not taking any chances. Nature has a way of coming back. As for the cows, yeah this is all owned, fenced in property but like that makes any difference.

I'll bet your eyes are brown, aren't they?

It's funny how you never reply to any comments that show you don't know what you're talking about or conveniently ignore the parts of posts that show the same, all the while claiming nobody makes arguments and only name calls.

You tried to claim that a weapon would fall faster if it weighed more. You were called on it by a few people, and ignored it. Either that or you still don't know that objects fall at the same speed. Also, nobody ever claimed there weren't gators in Texas, but simply questioned you on their range overlapping the with the myriad of other wild, dangerous creatures you grouped with them. Maybe you live next to the zoo, who knows. And owned, fenced property doesn't make any difference? Most Texans would shoot you for walking around on their property, especially ranchers. If you were taking pot shots at every bull that snorted at you while taking your strolls, you'd be hung in the town square. To say it doesn't matter is laughable. Even if it's your OWN land you wouldn't go taking shots at your own bulls, unless you're a complete imbecile.

Not to mention the fact that you're a hypocrite. You deride people for name calling and put downs, yet resort to a nice, big fuck you when called on your story. Then there's the way you put down other people's claims of weapon knowledge while touting your own supposed experiences of shooting rabid rabbits riding alligators while cougars and coyotes circle you in the middle of a swampy desert on someone's ranch land while the bulls inch in closer for the kill. Luckily you had your AKM, SKS, UPS truck, and the CIA there to help out! Nothing you say is backed up with anything more than a childish, "Oh yeah, well I own that gun too and I know for a fact how it is!" no matter what gun comes up. Yet you dare talk down to others who do the same, or similar. You're a real piece of work.

I'm sure you'll try to laugh off this post too, or just ignore it. That's fine. Everyone here knows how you are by now anyway.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Now THAT is what I've been looking forward to for a while ;).

Any complaints should now (well, they should have been from the start) be directed to the Mod Team itself, our forums can be found through our site at www.clanterritory.com/mods/infmodteam. Please read the (soon-to-be) sticky in the suggestions forum, and any other suggestions here or anywhere else will be ignored.

Also, be aware that your wording of such complaints, especially given the ones I've seen here, will affect your chances of being a beta tester for us :p.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
Keganator said:
....You guys not listening to suggestions and calling people's suggestions (or the people themselves) idiots....

i wasnt really concerned about what people had to say about the weapons pack until i saw this thread fill up to this ridiculous 3 pages of crap going along the lines of 'this is wrong. fix it.'. now when the exact same proposal is being made in the same childish manner this many times, with us giving our side of the story then only getting 'omg no!!! i want it done now or im gonna roll on the ground and throw tantrums repeatedly!!' as a response, it pisses the **** out of me (this reflects only my opinion, not the others... im sure they are more tolerating than i am.).

again i will quote from our disclaimer:
corwze said:
The members of the Infiltration Mod Team create these weapons solely for their own interest and enjoyment. The weapons in this pack will NOT be updated unless any major show-stopping bugs occur, as the team is now working on other projects and aren't interested in whether some people think a weapon is unrealistic. If you don't like them, don't use them. If you really don't like them, ask the server administrators to disable them. None of the members of the Infiltration Mod Team can be held responsible if your computer explodes while using this weapons pack, if you get beaten up over an argument on whether the weapons are realistic, or under any other circumstances.

im sorry, but my tolerance ends here. sensible criticism i welcome, but to three quarters of the people who have made stupid complaints in this thread, i give you a big '**** you'.

Last edited:

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Crowze said:
Now THAT is what I've been looking forward to for a while ;).

Any complaints should now (well, they should have been from the start) be directed to the Mod Team itself, our forums can be found through our site at www.clanterritory.com/mods/infmodteam. Please read the (soon-to-be) sticky in the suggestions forum, and any other suggestions here or anywhere else will be ignored.

Also, be aware that your wording of such complaints, especially given the ones I've seen here, will affect your chances of being a beta tester for us :p.

As a further point, if you don't behave in our forums, we won't tolerate you so please be nice. I promise if you behave i will too :)

Last edited:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
You're obviously missing the point, Dr. J. The complaints and criticisms are yours to deal with, regardless of who posted them or if they were repeats. Even if a thosand people posted the same suggestion or complaint, it doesn't make it any less valid. In fact, it should reinforce to you that the problem has merit. My issue is how you deal with it. Telling people to "fuck off" (as I assume you meant to say) is not the way to develop respect amongst the people who just want to help you make your product better.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Heh, yeah, well, Salad, thats why I ignore you mostly. Whatever.

@DR J.

I know some people are complaining about the sight, but would you consider modeling one of the screw carry handle/sight combos that I have seen made for the weapons? The one that looks exactly like the carry handle on an M16 but screws on to the rail top. That would be cool. Also I know you said the coding on the weapon was the same for M16 but if you get the time, would you please code the real balistics for the M4, so the gun is as real as possible.
It could make a difference on maps like Road to Kandahar and Border Town, which are still played.
I don't know who modeled the new M16A4, but could they please model an ACOG scope for it as well? Kind of strange having the M4 with a scope, but no scope for the M16A4.

Also, could people who have fired the M16 (in real life ) give some comments on the recoil of the new M4 and M16A4. Seems slightly low to me, but I think SS had it too high. Fire away, no stupid flames please.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Also, could people who have fired the M16 give some comments on the recoil.

On the recoil, I fired a C7 when I was 15. Since I only fired in a stable prone position, I can't tell about the recoil when standing or crouching (those are more advanced fire position I never got to use really). But when prone, the m16a4 _feels_ right to me. On an anecdotal note, at the time I was used to the C1 (FN FAL)... recoil wise the difference is day and night. The C7 has almost no recoil compared to it.

On the scope and handle iron sight... At some point we planed to add a carrying handle with iron sight attachement for the M16A4. I don't know where it is at right now. For the M4A1, I don't think it was ever planed. Similarly, for the M16A4, we didn't add an ACOG attachment because it was already available for the M16A2, which as the exact same balistics. As we said, we are not trying to replace the existing inventory, but we are rather trying to complete it by adding new equipement. There is also the problem of exponential code length and complexity with the number of attachements. More code = more possible bugs = more testing = more time. The equation is simple. I'll check what's up with the handle for the m16a4. We'll think on the possibilities of making it for the m4a1 as well.

For the ballistics, I suggest you to reread my post for explaination. Then a big problem is to get accurate and reliable information on this. The best info available on this comes probably from ammunition makers them selves (Example from Remington). But these information are not easy to get into the game. It's not as easy as plugin in numbers. I'm not sure either what level of complexity INF's ballistic system can accept right now and if it could simulate the difference between the M16 and M4 firering both M855. Maybe the ballistic system would have to be redone completly and if that's the case you can forget about us doing it (either for time or knowlege reasons).

EDIT: note that i suppose the M16a4 and C7 have similar behaviors. This might be completly false, in which case my statement about recoil would be invalidated.

Last edited:

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Keganator said:
You're obviously missing the point, Dr. J. The complaints and criticisms are yours to deal with, regardless of who posted them or if they were repeats. Even if a thosand people posted the same suggestion or complaint, it doesn't make it any less valid. In fact, it should reinforce to you that the problem has merit. My issue is how you deal with it. Telling people to "fuck off" (as I assume you meant to say) is not the way to develop respect amongst the people who just want to help you make your product better.

And our point is that we've gone out of our way to keep you people informed only for 2 or 3 out of every 5 people to shit on us. We don't get angry about people reporting things they don't like, its the whole attitude this stuff is done with. It isn't your (the communities) place to demand anything of us, you can ask, state, and whatever all you want, and we will respond and such. But to say "I don't like this fix it now" among some of the other, even more irritating responses i've seen is just rude. Especially since we are already working on a second weapons pack for you all to enjoy. Even the issues we intend to address will not be corrected immediately. Be patient, and for god's sake be polite, and i promise we'll do the same.

Either way, this whole argument is moot, From Now on, if you want to talk to us, come to our forums so we aren't flooding SS's forums with a bunch of threads about our materials. We will post previews and such here in BUF, but we will not respond to threads such as these anymore.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
ok, this will be my final post concerning what 't3h communiteh' had to say.

Keganator said:
Even if a thosand people posted the same suggestion or complaint, it doesn't make it any less valid. In fact, it should reinforce to you that the problem has merit.

thats valid, provided that he claim is reasonable and done in a sensible fashion. now, if a thousand idiots say that one plus one equals three (i know that this is possible with very advanced pure maths, but lets talk in general) does that make them right even after you tell and demonstrate to these thousand idiots that one plus one equals two? also, weve given our explainations for the problems the first time they were presented. then throwing tantrums for an immediate patch doesnt help.

Keganator said:
....not the way to develop respect amongst the people who just want to help you make your product better.

with the way you people talk to content creators here, like i want your respect anyway. and 'help you make your product better'? if we had a quality filter on this thread id say that this thread would be down to a page. maybe two at max.

and i also noticed that as soon as anyone decides to make something (whether it be yurch, duke or the inf mod team) there is suddenly a divide that forms between 't3h communiteh' and the developers. what? just because we decide to make something out of interest and somewhere along the line we wanna put it out it makes us different? were just as much the community as you are. i hope that someday you create something and people piss the **** out of you, just so that you can see what its like being repeatedly harrassed for producing something you give out for free (i say this because were not getting critism here, were getting abuse).

Last edited: